• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Node.js application ingored

signomax

New Pleskian
Hi, I need install a node.js app and tried to install in accorder with this document

How to Work with Node.js Apps on Plesk Obsidian

but if I go to pippo.com (fake adress) I can execute only index.html and node.js app will be ignored and I do not receive any error.

Someone can help me please.
Thankx

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi!
I have a similar issue. I placed my server.js at the application root and my index.html at the document root directory. Only the index.html is shown in the browser, but the server.js seems to be never called.

How did you fix your issue? Could you please provide a solution here.

Hi!
I have a similar issue. I placed my server.js at the application root and my index.html at the document root directory. Only the index.html is shown in the browser, but the server.js seems to be never called.

How did you fix your issue? Could you please provide a solution here.
Ok I do not exactly know how, but now it seems to work... I don't know what exactly fixed the issue but I did the following:
1. installed nginx
2. looked for the issue "Server not reachable"
3. tried another subdomain for the app.

Ok I do not exactly know how, but now it seems to work... I don't know what exactly fixed the issue but I did the following:
1. installed nginx
2. looked for the issue "Server not reachable"
3. tried another subdomain for the app.

I need to add something: The index.html should not be in the document_root folder, but in the application root or probably anywhere else if you want it to be served by your express server. Otherwise the index.html is served by plesk/appache/nginx without ever looking for the server.js...

Back