• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Not a backup file

G

Garry Howard

When I click on the FTP Backup tab for a domain, files created by the scheduler are listed, but they all say "Not a backup file" under comments and have a red X in the first column rather than the green arrow. I also schedule backups for the client and those show as valid. Anyone else have this problem? Do you know what it means? Are the backups created by the scheduler bad? If I have a problem will I be able to restore these backups?

Thanks for any help.

Garry

Hello,

Could it be that the backups were created before the plesk upgrade ? So basically they are not plesk 8.0 backups?

No, these are current backup files that have been created under 8.1.

I thought I had fixed the problem but it is only a partial fix. I created separate backup directories on the FTP server for each domain. After that, the backup files were showing as valid until there were more than four backups in a folder. It seems to show the first four as valid and all those after that as invalid in the list. If I delete the older backups then the newer ones that showed as invalid are now valid. It only seems to recognize the first few backups in the folder.

Garry

Originally posted by Garry Howard
I thought I had fixed the problem but it is only a partial fix. I created separate backup directories on the FTP server for each domain. After that, the backup files were showing as valid until there were more than four backups in a folder. It seems to show the first four as valid and all those after that as invalid in the list. If I delete the older backups then the newer ones that showed as invalid are now valid. It only seems to recognize the first few backups in the folder.

Garry
I have pretty much the same problem, except plesk is only recognising the first 2 backups. Problem is, even if I place them in different folders, I want to keep more than 2 backups! Anyone got a solution for this?

Back