• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Not receiving my AWS credits

ManuelGDot

Basic Pleskian
I created a web server on AWS.
I installed Plesk with a Trial licence.
I bought a licence.

All within the advertised time period.

I'm in the process of migrating all my webhosting services to AWS.
I've contacted Plesk Sales regarding the 500 AWS credits, They said "contact AWS Sales".
I've contacted AWS Sales, They said my request was denied. Didn't give me the chance to answer or to prove my case.

What is this then?

Hello,

thanks for bringing this to our attention. The promotion is divided into 2 parts, so you can get up to 500$ in credits:

1) Migrate a Plesk server that you host elsewhere to AWS:
- Migrate the server
- Request credits (500$) on the AWS page: Plesk on AWS Marketplace
- Takes around 48h up to 3 days or so - as AWS do various checks on their side

2) Setup a new Plesk server on AWS (brand new - independent if bundled license or BYOL (bring your own license)
- Launch Plesk instance on AWS
- Request credits (100$ in that case) on the Plesk page: Get AWS Credits - Plesk
- Within the same day usually, we provide you the AWS credit - no questions asked :)

Hope this helps - this is also summarized here:
Plesk on AWS Promo - Plesk

regards
Lukas/Plesk

Hi Lukas,

1.) I see I requested that too early as migration is not finished. But I do have another question: My in-transit server is a managed VServer. I do have access to the licence code, hence I paid for it within the server fee. But it's not my own licence, I didn't buy it personally. Am I still eligible for the 500 credits after migrating this server?

2.) like I said, my Plesk server IS running on AWS with a valid licence. I can prove that if someone allowed me to. Amazon denied my request.

Thanks,
Manuel.

Hi Manuel

yes - in that case you are definitely ok for the migration credits. All you need to do on your existing vserver is going to:
Tools & Settings > License Management >

(Detailed docs on Plesk licensing here: Plesk Licensing )

then take the "PLSK.XXXX.XXXXXX" key and fill out the form on the AWS side and give that as your EXISTING/OLD license key:
Plesk on AWS Marketplace

then they will check it in our license server and then send you the credits etc.

As mentioned, may take a few days as they will do various checks.. just in case :)

regards
Lukas

Hello,

could you contact me on [email protected] - so we can bring your case to Amazon to get this supported?

thank you much in advance for using Plesk and so happy to have you part of our AWS campaign!

regards
Lukas

Back