• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Note'd issues with migration manager 7.5.4 + freebsd 5.3

E

etan

I thought i would write some notes on my experience for others to look out for, also to recieve feedback from others.

My Situation

I have a plesk 7.1.7 server running freebsd 4.10 ( my how stable this has been !! )

Im migrating to a brand new fresh install 7.5.4 server on freebsd 5.3.

1. Migration manager does not like odd characters in clients mailinglists ( this will fail, but only after its transferred everything to your new server , sigh )

2. MIgration of alias emails addresses only on some accounts did not migrate, this has caused some fairly major issues as you could imagine.

3. All my existing subdomains for all clients have had the standard plesk holding page index.html inserted into there home directory, causing all subdomains to stop working, unless you had an index.html in there originally.

Note : If you are running freebsd and trying to get Broadcom gigbit eithernet drivers installed on freebsd 5.3, you can rip the source from a 5.4 install of freebsd and recompile the kernel with the newly added drivers between the version changes.

I will update this as i find more bugs if any "fingers crossed"

Originally posted by etan
I thought i would write some notes on my experience for others to look out for, also to recieve feedback from others.

May be you also should contact the support? When I had the similar issues I said them, and Plesk developers investigated the problems and fixed them in the next version.

Back