• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved notifications sent to non-existant email address

Catia

Basic Pleskian
OK, this seems like it should be simple but...

I'm running Plesk Onyx v17.0.17_build1700161028.14 os_Ubuntu 16.04. For some reason, all of the system update notifications get sent to [email protected] rather than to the admin email address. Since there is no email at [email protected], and since I can't figure out a way to even set up such an email address, these emails always bounce. When they bounce, I get a notification of the bounce sent to the admin email.

I've gone to the notifications page and entered the admin email address on every single line, but still the problem persists. I'm sure there's just some setting that I've got wrong, but for the life of me, I can't find it. Any clues?

Hi Catia,

since I can't figure out a way to even set up such an email address
this is quite simple to solve:

1. Go to "/etc/aliases"

2. find the entry for "root:" and modify it to an existing eMail - address on your server.
Example:
Code:
3. Use the command
Code:
newaliases
... to rebuild the "aliases.db" - file.​
4. Smile to the camera. :p
Further configuration options for your Plesk - notifications can be found at "Home > Tools & Settings > Notifications"

Back