• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue npm uninstalled Plesk 12 on Ubuntu 16.04

Martín Fernández

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I was reading all kind of stuff related to my issue and I can't find a proper solution. I have installed npm by CLI and Plesk was uninstalled automatically from the server.

I've tried to "repair" with plesk repair but the CLI doesn't recognize the "plesk" command. I also get a 403 error when I try to enter by web GUI but all my sites are reachable.

I have asked to my hosting provider and they insisted to reinstall Plesk and lose all my sites and information I prefer to keep searching or asking. So I also asked to StackOverflow community and they recommended Plesk Support (Plesk Support sent me again to my hosting provider support), the community also recommended me to look at this link: How to backup/restore a Plesk database dump but I don't understand how can that help if I don't have Plesk at all.

How can I install Plesk again without losing all my sites information, databases, configuration, etc?

Thank you very much in advance,
Martin

How can I install Plesk again without losing all my sites information, databases, configuration, etc?
Try to run command

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

If it succeeds, run the command:

# plesk repair installation

Try to run command

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

If it succeeds, run the command:

# plesk repair installation

Thanks for answering, but there is no "psa" directory inside /usr/local/

For Ubuntu use

# /opt/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

For Ubuntu use

# /opt/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

After doing that I got this messages that I will attempt to translate:

Ign Index of / all/all Translation-es
Ign Index of / trusty/all Translation-en
Ign Index of / trusty/all Translation-es
Reading package lists...
Warning: not connected 'multiverse' repository section
Detectando componentes instalados del producto. <-- Detecting product installed components
Recuperando la información acerca de la llave de licencia instalada... <-- Recovering information about installed licence key
Comprobando si se resuelven las dependencias del paquete. <-- Checking if package dependencies resolves themself.
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
---X--- `apt-get` output ---------------------
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
apache2 : Depends: apache2-bin (= 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.17) but 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.13 is to be installed
Depends: apache2-data (= 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.17) but 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.13 is to be installed
mysql-server-5.5 : Depends: mysql-client-5.5 (>= 5.5.57-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) but 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 is to be installed
Depends: mysql-server-core-5.5 (>= 5.5.57-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) but 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 is to be installed
PreDepends: mysql-common (>= 5.5.57-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) but 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 is to be installed
Breaks: mysql-server (< 5.5.57-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) but 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 is to be installed
plesk-web-hosting : Depends: psa-vhost (>= 12.5.30) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: plesk-service-node-utilities (>= 12.5.30) but it is not going to be installed
pp-sitebuilder : Depends: plesk-core (>= 10.3.0) but it is not going to be installed
psa-drweb-configurator : Depends: mail-pc-driver but it is not installable or
psa-mail-driver
psa-mnemo : Depends: psa-horde (>= 5.1.6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: psa-imp (>= 6.1.7) but it is not going to be installed
wpb-core : Depends: psa-zendframework (>= 1.11.15) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: plesk-core (>= 10.3.0) but it is not going to be installed

---------------------- `apt-get` output ---X---
Recopilando los detalles de error en el archivo de registro... <-- Gathering error details in the log file

ERROR: La instalación no continuará <-- The installation will not continue

Error de apg-get debido al siguiente mensaje: <-- apg-get error due to the next message:
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
apache2 : Depends: apache2-bin (= 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.17) but 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.13 is to be installed
Depends: apache2-data (= 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.17) but 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.13 is to be installed
mysql-server-5.5 : Depends: mysql-client-5.5 (>= 5.5.57-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) but 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 is to be installed
Depends: mysql-server-core-5.5 (>= 5.5.57-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) but 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 is to be installed
PreDepends: mysql-common (>= 5.5.57-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) but 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 is to be installed
Breaks: mysql-server (< 5.5.57-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) but 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 is to be installed
plesk-web-hosting : Depends: psa-vhost (>= 12.5.30) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: plesk-service-node-utilities (>= 12.5.30) but it is not going to be installed
pp-sitebuilder : Depends: plesk-core (>= 10.3.0) but it is not going to be installed
psa-drweb-configurator : Depends: mail-pc-driver but it is not installable or
psa-mail-driver
psa-mnemo : Depends: psa-horde (>= 5.1.6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: psa-imp (>= 6.1.7) but it is not going to be installed
wpb-core : Depends: psa-zendframework (>= 1.11.15) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: plesk-core (>= 10.3.0) but it is not going to be installed

No se han instalado todos los paquetes. <-- Not all packages have been installed
Contacte con el equipo de soporte técnico del producto. <-- Contact product's technical support team.

I will keep researching. Thanks

When I was suggested to run apt-get -f install then I got an error I am asked to delete psa-mnemo package and downgrade 129 more:

user@server:~$ sudo apt-get -f install
Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho <-- Reading package list... Done
Creando árbol de dependencias <-- Creating dependencie tree
Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho <-- Reading status information... Done
Corrigiendo dependencias... Listo <-- Correcting dependencies... Done
Los siguientes paquetes se ELIMINARÁN: <-- The following packages will be deleted:
psa-mnemo
0 actualizados, 0 se instalarán, 1 para eliminar y 129 no actualizados. <-- 0 updated, 0 are gonna be installed, 1 to delete and 129 to downgrade.
Se liberarán 4.063 kB después de esta operación. <-- They will free 4.063KB after this operation
¿Desea continuar? [S/n] <-- Do you want to continue?
(Leyendo la base de datos ... 88048 ficheros o directorios instalados actualmente.) <-- (Reading the database... 88048 files or directories installed currently)
Removing psa-mnemo (4.2.6-ubuntu14.04.build1205150819.14) ...
dpkg action:
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) in /usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/PEAR/Frontend.php on line 91

WARNING!
Some problems are found during uninstall package /usr/share/psa-horde/mnemo/.xml/mnemo.xml in PEAR(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log)

Continue...

dpkg action:
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) in /usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/PEAR/Frontend.php on line 91

WARNING!
Some problems are found during uninstall package /usr/share/psa-horde/mnemo/.xml/mnemo.xml in PEAR(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log)

Continue...

ERROR while trying to uninstall H5-application mnemo
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log), fix and try again

dpkg action:

WARNING!

Continue...

Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log), fix and try again

uninstall H5-application mnemo

***** installing problem report *****
uninstall H5-application mnemo
dpkg: error processing package psa-mnemo (--remove):
el subproceso instalado el script pre-removal devolvió el código de salida de error 1 <-- The subprocess installed the script pre-removal returned the exit code 1
Se encontraron errores al procesar: <-- Found errors while processing
psa-mnemo
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

So I checked this log file /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log: plesk_12.5.30_installation.log08022017 - Pastebin.com

I am still investigating the final solution.

Hi Martín Fernández,

I will jump in with some investigations and suggestions:

You stated:
I have installed npm by CLI and Plesk was uninstalled automatically from the server.
Sorry, but this statement is incorrect. Even if you use "apt-get", instead of "aptitude" ( which is ALWAYS recommended, as "aptitude" has the power to offer you different installation solutions, if dependencies force your to add/update additional packages, or force your to uninstall installed packages ), when you install a new software package, you will be pointed to all "to be installed packages", all additional "to be installed packages" and as well to all "to be removed packages", before you continue with "yes" or "no".

Pls. provide the EXACT command, that you used over the command line for further investigations!

Next step, pls. RE-INSTALL Plesk and it's components ( which might be a bit complicated at the moment, as you partially de-installed Plesk packages and dependent packages! ). Which will then answer your statement:
but I don't understand how can that help if I don't have Plesk at all.
... and as well, why you were getting the mentioned KB - link as suggestion. ;)

As long as you don't delete the folder "/var/lib/psa/dumps", you will not loose previous Plesk configurations, as daily dumps from Plesk are stored at this folder. ;)

Due to the fact, that the Plesk component "horde" ( and it's depending packages ), may leave you with some conflicts and dependency issues/errors/problems, pls. consider to start by purging this component and it's depending packages ( you are able to re-install it after you solved your other issues/errors/problems! )

Recommend command to start:
Code:
aptitude purge psa-horde

Afterwards, pls. continue with your previous
Code:
apt-get -f install

command ... and pls. report back with your exact output from your command line for further suggestions. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back