• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue OCSP Stapling seems not to work

Physicus

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a problem with the SSL It! option for OCSP stapling. It seems not to work.

I am using Plesk Obsidian v18.0.37_build1800210809.18 os_Ubuntu 18.04 (upgraded from Onyx 17.8) with german language. Also I use apache http2 and nginx reverse proxy.

For a domain (website) on my server I have SSL with a Let's Encrypt certificate already in use and it works fine.

Now I tried to use OCSP-Stapling for this domain. For doing this I went to "Websites & Domains" -> <my domain> -> "SSL/TLS certificates" and switched on the Option "OCSP-Stapling" and ordered the new Let's Encrypt certificate via the SLL It! extension. But after the new certificate has been installed there was no OCSP-Stapling working!

In the file /var/www/vhosts/system/<my domain>/conf/nginx.conf there is written (like expected):

#OCSP Stapling
ssl_stapling on;
ssl_stapling_verify on;

But in the generated CSR (certification request) there is nothing included for OCSP-Stapling and therefore also the certificate has no extension for OCSP.

It looks like switching on OCSP-Stapling in Plesk has no effect!

Have I missed something? I appreciate any help in this subject - many thanks!

I found out the reason for this myself:
To check if OCSP is enabled, I clicked on the SSL Lab Test link provided on the Plesk page (SSL/TLS certificate). However, this performs the test with <domain> and not with www.<domain>! OCSP seems to be not supported with <domain>, but only with www.<domain>. After I now called the test page of SSL-Labs itself and entered www.<domain> for testing, it now outputs "OCSP stapling Yes" :)

BUT: I still have one question for the experts here:
How can I set the "OCSP Must Staple" flag?

Thanks for any hints in advance!

Back