• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue One account with multiple subscription

Dmytro

Basic Pleskian
Hi. Please help me to find the way to resolve my problem.

So I'm using one server with Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.32 Update #2 and WHMCS 7.9.2 billing for ordering.

Many of my clients wants to have multiple independent / separate hosting services.

If someone of my clients is ordering one hosting service - he's getting an email from WHMCS with access details (PLESK URL, user/pass).
All is working great for now. He can use that user to access Plesk, FTP and etc.

After that he is ordering second hosting service and getting new email with new access details (Same Plesk url and new user/pass) and here is my problems starts.

First of all, He can't login with second credentials to Plesk, only to FTP or SSH and etc.
Because system user, created for second subscription have no rights to login to Plesk.

Secondly, if he is using first credentials to login ti Plesk - he has access to both services on Plesk side.

I have used some other hosting panels and all hosting services were separated from each other because all was related with system user.
But now I can't propose to my clients more than one service to order if they need it for separate needs/reasons , because all services is related using one "owner", and all system users (excluding first one) have no access to plesk only to FTP.

p.s. I found a manual way to fix some things in my situation - for every "not first" subscription I can manually create a "user" in Plesk with same login/password as system user and allow acces to this user to it's subscription. So in this case I can use credentials from WHMCS email to login to PLESK only in my subscription and to connect through FTP/SSH

p.p.s. and maybe the same problem with reseller accounts. I can't propose my clients to buy more than one reseller account. In this case I'm getting an error - reseller with email ***@*** is already exists

Thank you for your help

I talked with WHMCS support and they told that all questions about this should be addressed to Plesk support.
So How can I fix this bug?

I don't think this is a bug, it rather sounds like a some what poor integration from WHMCS in to Plesk. However, I am not familiar with WHMCS, so I might be completely wrong here.

In Plesk a customer can easily have multiple subscriptions to his/her account. In this scenario only the FTP credentials are different for each subscription for obvious reasons. A customer doesn't need separate login credentials for Plesk for each subscriptions. All subscriptions can be managed from one customer account.

Again, I am not familiar with WHMCS so I don't know how WHMCS manages this.

Last edited:
Yes, maybe you are right about meaning of "bug" word I have used.
The problem exactly in this - every subscription created after first one has only FTP credentials and managed by firstly created Plesk User from the first order. And client can't order separate services using one server, all services are managed from one account.
Unfortunately, WHMCS support said that integration module is handled by PLESK, that's why I created this thread.
Just a hour ago I talked with PLESK support and they confirmed - WHMCS module integration is handled by WHMCS and not by Plesk since the 25th of february of 2020.
So I'm waiting again answers from WHMCS ... :(

Hi Dmytro,

Just wondering if you got anywhere with this?

A customer with multiple subscriptions on a Plesk server cannot use separate logins to manage separate subscriptions. Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Rgds
Dave

After some poking about there's a work around.

If you access the main subscription in Plesk and add a User as a Webmaster you can limit the new user to a subscription.

Maybe whoever looks after the WHMCS + Plesk integration could use this to add the user created in WHMCS for the product as a User restricted to the particular subscription that was created?

This would mean the client can still access all their subscriptions on a particular Plesk server and also have access to a particular subscription.

Rgds
Dave

If you're using WHMCS - there is no chance to fix that.
The only thing they proposed is to use custom paid extension for Plesk integration. They do not want to hear anything about how bad this kind of customer creation.

Additional to this - WHMCS sends wrong credentials for every second service ordered by client on the same server with PLESK, because that credentials is only suitable for FTP connection and not for PLESK login. And there is no any macros or anything else to use in "Welcome message" for service to tell client to use credentials from first created service. In case you have webmasters as clients, who are holding hosting accounts for his multiple clients - you cant do business with such clients, because owner of first created subscription of that webmaster has access to all other accounts on the same PLESK server

The only thing they proposed - is to restrict creation of multiple PLESK accounts per user, so one client can order one hosting - give them an Oscar for this :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_13.jpg
    Screenshot_13.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 23
Back