• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Oops! We ran into some problems.

calu

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.48_build1800221104.03 os_Ubuntu 20.04
Hi there, get this message when I try to post a topic:
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

This is the topic I'm trying to post, any type of text this forum software does not like?
(sorry for posting in wrong group)

Attachments

• Internal error Plesk.pdf
    13.9 KB · Views: 6
But when I enter /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily, to change the lines above, in the SSH extension, there are no options for changing this line?
Could you please be more specific what you mean by not having options to change the line?

Thank for replying despite the difficulties of posting this topic.

From the screenshot you can see that there is no response when /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily is entered.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-03-13 kl. 15.12.23.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-03-13 kl. 15.12.23.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 13
That would be a text file that you can edit with nano or vi for example.
# nano /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily

Thanks, now I'm standing on the line which I need to replace, and I need to make the backslash command to Replace.

The problem is that the backslash key combination on the Mac is Alt + Shift + 7 so it is simply not possible to execute the command,
so how do I replace the line?

Thanks for helping out.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-03-15 kl. 09.44.28.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-03-15 kl. 09.44.28.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 5
Control+Command, then select the character from the character table and copy-paste it maybe. Else I would not know an alternative. You might want to use vi instead of nano, if nano responds to specific key combinations from a Mac.

Hi there, I'm not allowed to edit memory_limit file:

; Copyright 1999-2021. Plesk International GmbH. All rights reserved.

; ATTENTION!
;
; DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
; SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST AFTER YOU UPGRADE PLESK.

short_open_tag = On
y2k_compliance = Off
output_buffering = Off
max_execution_time = 600
max_input_time = 600
memory_limit = 256M
max_file_uploads = 99999
max_input_vars = 2000

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED
log_errors = On
display_errors = Off
warn_plus_overloading = Off
"/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini" 43L, 1062C 512 13,16 Top

GPT-4 suggests:
  1. Open the php.ini file using a text editor such as vi, nano, or gedit.
bashCopy code
vi /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini

1. Search for the "memory_limit" directive in the file.
  2. Change the value of "memory_limit" to "512M" or any other value you want to set. You can replace the existing value by highlighting the existing value with your cursor and typing in the new value.
  3. Save the changes and close the file. In vi, type ":wq" (without quotes) to write and quit the file.
  4. Restart the Apache web server or PHP-FPM service to apply the changes.

5. If you are unable to highlight the existing value with your cursor and type in the new value in the php.ini file using your text editor, you can try these alternative steps to replace the existing value:
But it is not possible to edit this value in any of the way described?

Could you please be more specific what "not allowed" means? As root user there should be no problem with editing a file. Are you root, did you escalate your privileges with "su", "sudo" to root?

Yes, I'm root.
What I mend by "not allowed" is that I can't change the memory_limit 256M to 512M with the cursor or by highlighting.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-03-16 kl. 11.28.16.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-03-16 kl. 11.28.16.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 3
I don't think that is anything related to the server, but rather an issue with SSH or your keyboard. You said it was a Mac? Maybe a Mac user on here can help.

The instruction from GPT-4 is incomplete. I've added line 2 and 4:
  1. Search for the "memory_limit" directive in the file.
  2. Goto into Insert mode by pressing the i key.
  3. Change the value of "memory_limit" to "512M" or any other value you want to set. You can replace the existing value by highlighting the existing value with your cursor and typing in the new value.
  4. When you're done editing the file, hit Esc key to leave the Insert mode.
  5. Save the changes and close the file. In vi, type ":wq" (without quotes) to write and quit the file.
  6. Restart the Apache web server or PHP-FPM service to apply the changes.

7. If you are unable to highlight the existing value with your cursor and type in the new value in the php.ini file using your text editor, you can try these alternative steps to replace the existing value:

Thanks for the suggestions, the values of the text files are red, something tells me that these values can't be edited, not a least because of the notification at the top:

; ATTENTION!
;
; DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
; SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST AFTER YOU UPGRADE PLESK.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-03-16 kl. 16.32.22.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-03-16 kl. 16.32.22.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 2
Good news, now the terminal looks like this, and I'm able to change the memory value.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-03-16 kl. 16.50.56.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-03-16 kl. 16.50.56.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 4
I'm glad you sorted it out using the nano editor!

Remember that your changes will be overwritten the next time Plesk is updated unless you applied point (7.) from the article you mentioned.

Thanks for reminding me, I did apply point 7, so changes should be saved.

After changing memory_limit to 512M, Plesk panel is extremely slow and I'm experiencing no answer from the page, white screen or time out, when I enter the Docker Redis settings and the log, which I have not experienced before.
Can this be related to the change of memory from 256M to 512M?

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-03-16 kl. 19.42.19.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-03-16 kl. 19.42.19.png
    386 KB · Views: 1
It could be that the server is running low on memory.
The easiest way to test this is to change the memory_limit back to 256M

In the Redis Console Log I get this warning, even though I did change overcommit_memory from 0 to 1 and rebooted.

WARNING Memory overcommit must be enabled! Without it, a background save or replication may fail under low memory condition. Being disabled, it can can also cause failures without low memory condition, see vm.max_map_count growing steadily when vm.overcommit_memory is 2 · Issue #1328 · jemalloc/jemalloc. To fix this issue add 'vm.overcommit_memory = 1' to /etc/sysctl.conf and then reboot or run the command 'sysctl vm.overcommit_memory=1' for this to take effect.

Back