• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Opcache Preloading

KDederichs

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.53 Update #2
Hey,
I was wondering if it's possible to use OPCache Preloading on Plesk.
From what I gather you usually can't preload more than one project per server but I was wondering if it was different on Plesk since every domain seems to have its own PHP config.

Asking cause I'd like to preload multiple Symfony applications and I'm wondering if that's possible without having to spin up a docker for each of those.

Thanks in advance :)

I think this thread and the posts from @weltonw can help:

Thanks I took a look at it (and the blog linked in there).
Do I assume right that Plesk actually does what's written in there (Running a different PHP-FPM Master/Pool for ever subdomain)?
Cause if it does that then it probably should work.

No, it does not run a pool for every subdomain, but you can selected the "Dedicated" PHP-FPM option, then it runs a dedicated pool for that subdomain.

Nice, that's what I'm looking for then thanks a lot!
Do you also by chance happen to know how to restart that one dedicated PHP-FPM service by command line? The only ones I found by running

sudo plesk bin php_handler --list | grep -E plesk.*fpm | awk -F" " '{ print $1 }'

seem to be generic ones.

It should be possible to do since you can do it via the web interface.

The only difference is that you have an additional "master process", e.g.

Before:
srv-bit+ 15462 0.0 0.0 581976 9868 ? S 15:00 0:00 php-fpm: pool yourwebsite.tld

After:
root 14503 0.0 0.0 581976 21012 ? Ss 14:59 0:00 php-fpm: master process (/var/www/vhosts/system/yourwebsite.tld/etc/php-fpm.conf)
srv-bit+ 15462 0.0 0.0 581976 9868 ? S 15:00 0:00 php-fpm: pool yourwebsite.tld

Each plesk-php<version>-fpm has its own service entry to control these processes. I am not sure on Ubuntu (I think it is the same command), but RHEL you can see it like
# systemctl list-units --type service | grep plesk-php
It will be named like
plesk-php<version-fpm_<domainname>_<id>.service
That is the service you can stop/start/restart.

Back