• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question opcache_get_status(Default)

seabiscuit

New Pleskian
Hello

All I want to start using wordpress, however I ended up dealing with whole bunch of new stuff related with VPS. I'm not an expert and trying to learn various things.

Can you please help me with the following? Thanks...Rgrds

I entered the following into the php.ini of each version:

disable_functions = ln -s, ln, ln -b, exec, dl, passthru, shell_exec, system, eval, popen, fsockopen, proc_open, proc_get_status, proc_nice, proc_terminate, show_source, stream_socket_server, symlink, link, lchgrp, lchown, chown, chgrp, posix_initgroups, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_mknod, and posix_setegid, posix_seteuid, posix_setgid, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid

Is it OK to enter the same at Hosting Plans/Plan Name/PHP Settings:

disable_functions= ln -s, ln, ln -b, exec, dl, passthru, shell_exec,....

...instead of "opcache_get_status(Default)".

p.s. I have no domains added so far, but soon I will start adding. I would like the server-wide settings automatically applied to each domain added.

Maybe "disable_functions" in PHP only refers to PHP functions. I'd probably omit "ln -s, ln, ln -b". Not sure if all the others are needed. Specifically "eval" pops into my eye. There are lots of uses for eval beyond hacking a website. Probably your Wordpress won't work correctly without this.

You can preset the disable_functions in your hosting plan, so that each new domain has that setting. But why "instead" of opcache_get_status?

Hi Peter,

I saw a video.... the guy was simply suggesting this list to enter as disable_functions in php.ini and he was also copying the same list into the disable_functions field at Hosting Plans/Plan Name/PHP Settings, overwriting "opcache_get_status".

To be honest I dont know which one is a good practice.... pls tell me what I should do. Thanks

Back