• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

open_basedir restriction in effect problem

R

rrmccabe

We had an issue about a month ago where we had a visit from Hackers. Its possible it was through a site that had a Mambo server on it. Really cant tell for sure. They basically destroyed the OS and then cleaned up after themselves very well.

After doing this we setup a new box and restored our customer sites. I have a few sites that have issues. The mambo server for one (which has been patched, Sites with Gallery and also one with a live weather script.

I am getting an error on these sites starting with open_basedir restriction in effect.

So it appears the new install has this option turned off for security reasons. So the quesion is how can I turn this back on and more importantly should I? I need to get the sites working. Mambo currently can not upload images or create image directorys. So need that function working.

I dont want to do anything that leaves the door open for another attack.

Thanks

Rich

Back