1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Opening a backup file, plesk 8

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by gauerj1, Aug 31, 2006.

1. gauerj1

gauerj1 Guest

Does anyone know how to open the Plesk Backup file and extracting individual files?

I have a FC3 box running Plesk 8. I create a backup file and transfer it to my local windows computer. Is it possible to extract all the files? If so how? I know its stored in gzip format but I still can’t seem to get to the data.

2. NightStorm

NightStorm Guest

It's a combination of Winrar and Winzip, if I recall.
    http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32448 discusses it to some extent, as they try to figure out how to actually restore data that was created with the 8.0 backup.
    A search of "backup file" in the Plesk 8 section here will return a few other results. I know there was a more in-depth topic on how to do it, but I can't find it now.