• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Out of Memory Error when restoring database from plesk repository

krt463

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've searched the forums and the only thing I could come up with was related to older 32bit systems.

I'm trying to restore a 600MB database which was uploaded to the repository in plesk. This database backup did NOT originate from this server, but rather I'm attempting to overwrite a blank database that was created with the same name via plesk.

The site is one of our web-spaces (not a customer subscription) so I am logged in as the plesk administrator.

System Info:
Plesk 11.5
Windows 2008 R2 (64Bit)
3GB RAM
MySQL 5.1

Full Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to restore database 'databasename' Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

I have tried altering the php.ini the PHP settings of the site (even though I'm logged in as the adminsitrator) as well as the php.ini of: C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\php.ini

memory_limit=2048M

It fails with the error after about 1GB of RAM usage on the server.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ended up using a desktop MySQL admin tool (MySQL WorkBench) to do the import. Problem not solved but at least it's done.

Back