• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Outgoing mail is slow and sometimes goes to spam

Another_Omeka_User

Basic Pleskian
Hi, we have confirmation emails sent to users who sign up to a site on a specific domain. The issue seems to be that these emails take a while to get through and then that often times they go to spam folders (gmail and such especially). What are the optimal settings to solve these issues? Preferably that can be set up through the Plesk Panel and not at command line.

Thanks!

Also, there are no DNS settings for individual domains right now, nor do I see DNS settings available in Tools & Settings... is there some other place to check?

Do you mean from within the Plesk Panel somewhere? I don't see anything under Tools & Settings -> Webmail. But I also have mail settings under the domain I'm using. Or how else would I test it?

Do you mean from within the Plesk Panel somewhere? I don't see anything under Tools & Settings -> Webmail. But I also have mail settings under the domain I'm using. Or how else would I test it?

Use webmail.yourdomain.com

Login and test the mailing there.

Though when I view the email forwarded to my gmail account it appears with a question mark icon next to the email address... I don't know what that means.

Then you can assume that the problem is related to your mail client.

Try Thunderbird and as an option for the mail server the hostname of your system.

Is there any way to make it less likely for an email from the server to go to spam? Some people on, e.g. Yahoo, are reporting that the emails go to spam. Or is this just something they will have to set up themselves by removing it from spam?

I'm having another issue. For a few users, the confirmation email and reset password emails get stuck in the mail queue (deferred). It seems to be those going to address for gmx(dot)de. I cannot figure out why! Other users are not having this issue. We rent a VPS from strato. Here is a sample header of a deferred message not going through:

Received: by h2xxxxxxx.stratoserver.net (Postfix, from userid 10000)
id 7E54A14A0DE5; Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:37:20 +0200 (CEST)
To: =[redacted for privacy]@gmx.de>
Subject: Your request to join [our website name]
X-PHP-Originating-Script: 10000:Sendmail.php
From: [website] Administrator <contact@[our domain name]>
X-Mailer: PHP/5.6.37
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:37:20 +0200
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-Id: <[email protected]>

.....I have never dealt with mail server settings and have no idea what to check, so please be kind. My mail server settings say the following for outgoing mail:

" Send from domain IP addresses"

I don't see any DNS settings within the Plesk panel, so I've no idea where to check on that. But the odd part is why it would only defer these messages to gmx dot de. I cannot figure out why.

Back