• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Outgoing SMTP Mail Change - What happens to current mail data?

tlatch52

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a Plesk server running on DigitalOcean. DigitalOcean IP addresses all get blocked on one Spam list no matter what you do. This causes a rare amount of outgoing emails sent from Dovecot/Postfix to bounce back.

I found a way to fix this by rerouting your outgoing mail server to use a sending service like Mailgun or Sendgrid here:

What I noticed though was in order to switch from Postfix to MSMTP, it requires that you also uninstall Dovecot Imap/Pop server. Would this delete all current mail in my email accounts? It seems like it's removing the entire inboxes. I haven't tried yet until I can be sure.

Is there a way to instead modify Postfix to reroute all outgoing mail using the relay service? Or reroute certain domains to use the relay service? This would be my ideal option if possible.

Thanks!

Ciao,
Ho le stesso tuo problema utilizzo la posta con roundcube.
Ho provato ad eseguire il passaggio da postfix a msmtp, ho visto che non avevo alcun servizio installato e le caselle cancellate, pertanto sono passato nuovamente a postfix.
Ricercando su youtube lui ci è riuscito.

YouTube /watch?v=cjsr5Vp5FG8

Però tramite ssh non sto riuscendo a capire come entrare in roundcube.

I found a way to fix this by rerouting your outgoing mail server to use a sending service like Mailgun or Sendgrid here:

What I noticed though was in order to switch from Postfix to MSMTP, it requires that you also uninstall Dovecot Imap/Pop server. Would this delete all current mail in my email accounts? It seems like it's removing the entire inboxes. I haven't tried yet until I can be sure.

Is there a way to instead modify Postfix to reroute all outgoing mail using the relay service? Or reroute certain domains to use the relay service? This would be my ideal option if possible.

I would assume current mail would be deleted when switching from Postfix to MSMTP, but I am not sure.

It is possible however to relay email in Postfix. There are instruction for Sendgrid you can follow in this Plesk Help Article:

Back