• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Outlook is generating an Internet Security Warning when CA Root Certificate is issues by and to Ples

Craig1986

Basic Pleskian
I currently run a VPS, which hosts both my website and mailserver requirements; with my opted email client being Outlook.

Recently, I had to rebuild my VPS. As such, I have had to re-create my Email Accounts. Prior to the rebuild, I exported all the emails in Outlook where I have now successfully imported back into Outlook after the rebuild.

My issue now, is that when I open Outlook, I get an 'Internet Security Warning' message as per my attachment. Why would this be as such a warning message was not appearing prior to the rebuild.

I then selected 'View Certificate' where I can see that the certificate is both issued to and by Plesk. Is this normal and okay? I just don't recall this ever happening previously. I was under the impression that the certificate needed to be issued to the server.

Attachments

• Internet Security Warning.png
    Internet Security Warning.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Certificate.png
    Certificate.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
Yes this is normal, because this is a selfsignet cert, so, you have two ways, buy a certificate or install lets encrypt in hostname or last option, just accept it as valid in your outlook

This is well documented in plesk docs

Yes this is normal, because this is a selfsignet cert, so, you have two ways, buy a certificate or install lets encrypt in hostname or last option, just accept it as valid in your outlook

This is well documented in plesk docs
In my haste to rectify some User Interface issues, I completely overlooked the 'Let's Encrypt Certificate'. Thanks for the reminder. All resolved! :)

Back