• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Panel domain list favicons not showing

KirkM

Regular Pleskian
Change list for Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49 (update 1) shows:
1672540927975.png

My panel.ini file shows:
1672541006095.png
I logged out, ssh to server and restarted plesk and panel services but I don't see the favicons in the domain list as this added feature states. Is there anything else I need to do?

Figured it out. It only works in power user view and not service provider view, which makes it worthless to me since I need to always be in service provider view to oversee my admin domains and my clients' domains. power user view doesn't show any domains not admin's.

@KirkM Happy new year and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've filed an issue [PPS-13769] for it.
For future cases, if you think you've found a bug, please feel free to report it here: Reports

That's funny. I definitely would have filed a bug report but I thought it was done on purpose since it was pretty obvious it only worked in Power User view and not in Service Provider view had it been checked by devs after the feature was added. Thanks for filing the issue for me. It will be a handy visual aid when dealing with the domain list.

Hi @KirkM. Developers are asking if you could please open a ticket through official Plesk support, reference PPS-13769 in it and provide access to your server so that the issue with the missing favicons can be investigated directly on your server.

I will open the ticket but definitely can not provide access to my server. Besides my own policy of access only to a select few authorized personnel under my direction, I can't legally since I have binding contracts with a couple of international corporations that specifically state that no one is to be given access except for named authorized personnel under my employ or forensic experts approved by both parties in the event of a security breach (along with a whole lot of required security measures and hardening). They are very proactive in security regarding their data in my systems. If this minor issue can't be replicated on a test server by the devs and they believe it is unique to my setup, then I can live without this minor enhancement.

Thanks for being so on top of this issue. Hopefully, if it is a bug and not just my particular server, it will be an easy fix.

Developers have checked the favicons and they are showing in both, Power User and Service Provider view. The same applies to my own test environment. At the moment this issue is not reproducible here, but it has been noted so maybe when other users provide more information, this can be re-opened.

If I may chip in, I feel there might be some confusion about where the favicons are actually displayed.

When using Provider view the favicons are only shown when:
a) as an administrator or reseller you're select a subscription and view that trough the Dynamic list
or
b) as a customer look at Websites & Domains, viewed with the Dynamic list

I think that @KirkM perhaps expected (but I might be wrong here) that the favicons would also be visible on the listed domains from the Domains page when using the Provider View. I can imagine it being a useful addition there as well. However it seems that the favicons are, by design, only visible on Dynamic lists.

@Kaspar thanks for your insight. You may be right if I am understanding you correctly.
As illustrated in the first post of this thread, the change list for Plesk states a very vague description of the added feature:
Website favicons are now shown next to website names in Plesk to make it easier to tell them apart.
In the left menu, if you select Domains in Power User view, it works, but in Service Provider view, it doesn't.
1672880754503.png
As in my fourth post, I did hypothesize that it was meant to be the way the feature worked:
I definitely would have filed a bug report but I thought it was done on purpose
And it seems that you are confirming that. I do see icons everywhere else. And I do agree that it would be very useful to have it in the domain list in service provider view.

Thank you for clearing this up.

It is correct that this feature is part of the "Dynamic list" view. Documentation will be updated accordingly.

It does show on the main domain list if you are in Power User view. It would be nice if it did the same in Service Provider view.

Back