• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved panel.ini not found in extension

StephM

New Pleskian
Hi,

I can't install panel.ini on a Plesk Server (Debian 10) ; it is not found in the interface > Extension and with cli :

plesk bin extension --list |grep panel
panel-migrator - Plesk Migrator

plesk bin extension --install panel-ini-editor
'panel-ini-editor' neither a valid package name or a path

exit status 1

Thanks

Please check that it is not blacklisted in panel.ini like:

[extensions]
blacklist = panel-ini-editor

plesk bin extension --install panel-ini-editor
'panel-ini-editor' neither a valid package name or a path
I might be wrong, but as far as I know thats not a supported way to install extensions trough the CLI. You'll need to use the full path to a zip archive with the extension. Or either install the extension from trough the GUI.

i found in /opt/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini

[extensions]
blacklist = "panel-ini-editor","diskspace-usage-viewer"

i change with

[extensions]
blacklist = "diskspace-usage-viewer"

reboot

but i can't install panel.ini

I might be wrong, but as far as I know thats not a supported way to install extensions trough the CLI. You'll need to use the full path to a zip archive with the extension. Or either install the extension from trough the GUI.
on gui i can't find panel.ini

It's worth checking if the Panel.ini Editor extension is blacklisted as @IgorG also suggested. Connect to your server over SSH and open the panel.ini file with your favourite editor. For example # nano /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini and search for the following lines in the file:

Code:
[extensions]

Also, you can try this direct link to see if you can access the Panel.ini Editor extension in the Extension Catalog: https://<your server hostname>:8443/modules/catalog/index.php/catalog/package/panel-ini-editor

Last edited:
Thanks
It's worth checking if the Panel.ini Editor extension is blacklisted as @IgorG also suggested. Connect to your server over SSH and open the panel.ini file with your favourite editor. For example # nano /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini and search for the following lines in the file:

Code:
[extensions]

Also, you can try this direct link to see if you can access the Panel.ini Editor extension in the Extension Catalog: https://<your server hostname>:8443/modules/catalog/index.php/catalog/package/panel-ini-editor
Thanks, it's ok with direct link

Back