• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved panel.ini not found in extension

StephM

New Pleskian
Hi,

I can't install panel.ini on a Plesk Server (Debian 10) ; it is not found in the interface > Extension and with cli :

plesk bin extension --list |grep panel
panel-migrator - Plesk Migrator

plesk bin extension --install panel-ini-editor
'panel-ini-editor' neither a valid package name or a path

exit status 1

Thanks

Please check that it is not blacklisted in panel.ini like:

[extensions]
blacklist = panel-ini-editor

plesk bin extension --install panel-ini-editor
'panel-ini-editor' neither a valid package name or a path
I might be wrong, but as far as I know thats not a supported way to install extensions trough the CLI. You'll need to use the full path to a zip archive with the extension. Or either install the extension from trough the GUI.

i found in /opt/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini

[extensions]
blacklist = "panel-ini-editor","diskspace-usage-viewer"

i change with

[extensions]
blacklist = "diskspace-usage-viewer"

reboot

but i can't install panel.ini

I might be wrong, but as far as I know thats not a supported way to install extensions trough the CLI. You'll need to use the full path to a zip archive with the extension. Or either install the extension from trough the GUI.
on gui i can't find panel.ini

It's worth checking if the Panel.ini Editor extension is blacklisted as @IgorG also suggested. Connect to your server over SSH and open the panel.ini file with your favourite editor. For example # nano /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini and search for the following lines in the file:

Code:
[extensions]

Also, you can try this direct link to see if you can access the Panel.ini Editor extension in the Extension Catalog: https://<your server hostname>:8443/modules/catalog/index.php/catalog/package/panel-ini-editor

Last edited:
Thanks
It's worth checking if the Panel.ini Editor extension is blacklisted as @IgorG also suggested. Connect to your server over SSH and open the panel.ini file with your favourite editor. For example # nano /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini and search for the following lines in the file:

Code:
[extensions]

Also, you can try this direct link to see if you can access the Panel.ini Editor extension in the Extension Catalog: https://<your server hostname>:8443/modules/catalog/index.php/catalog/package/panel-ini-editor
Thanks, it's ok with direct link

Back