• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

panel migration issue with server update

PeterKi

Regular Pleskian
I have a vserver with Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS and Panel version 11.0.9 Update #38.
My provider offers no distribution update to 12 but recommends a new installation.
I tried to use "migration manager" to save my current config and re-deploy it later but if fails because there is no new IPs on the new server.
What is the best way to get my domain settings, email aliases etc. in place again after my OS upgrade?

Same issue here:
I want to update my vServer from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with Plesk 11.09 to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Plesk 11.09.
As it is a vServer I cannot do-release-upgrade but must do a clean new installation.
My vServer has a persistent backup directory which is not touched when I do an operating system update.
So my first attempt was to use backup-manager to do a full backup and then save the data from /var/lib/psa/dumps to a the backup dir.
Then I did a fresh install and tried to restore the panel backup but the backup manager does not recognize the backup data.

What is the best way to get the plesk panel migrated to the cleanly installed server?

Back