• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Parallels Plesk 10.0.1 and Billing Manager SSO error

O

outsourceit

Hello,

After a fresh install of Plesk 10.0.1 with the "Customer & Business Manager 7.0.1" module added immediately after install I am unable to overcome an issue with the SSO.

I have tried resetting it using instructions found in this thread (from the Linux side):
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=105780

I was able to complete all operations except the "rebuild". I am left with the same issue that "4 Administrators" and "1 Customer Contact" do not sync.

The specific error when clicking on "Sync Error" in the panel is the same error I receive when running the rebuild from the command line:

Error: Sync error: Failed to register the admin user in SSO: The following SSO error occurred: No such SP specified as target. (HTTP code: 404)
Please resolve the problem manually and retry to sync this administrator.

The sync status page on the dashboard reads:
Sync task status: Completed Next run time: 2010-11-27 10:44:00 PM
SSO status: Synced Synchronize SSO
Panels 1 Synced 0 Unsynced 0 Inprogress
Administrators 0 Synced 4 Unsynced 0 Inprogress
Customers 1 Synced 0 Unsynced 0 Inprogress
Customer contacts 0 Synced 1 Unsynced 0 Inprogress
Plans 5 Synced 0 Unsynced 0 Inprogress
Addons 6 Synced 0 Unsynced 0 Inprogress
Subscriptions 0 Synced 0 Unsynced 0 Inprogress

OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 2008 R2 64-BIT
PRODUCT: PLESK WINDOWS 10.0.1

The error from the command line when attempting "rebuild-accounts" is:
John Smith (ID: 1)... [ERROR] - exception 'ProductException' with message 'Failed to repair admin #1 in SSO: The following SSO error occurred: No such SP specified as target. (HTTP code: 404)' in C:\Parallels\Plesk\billing\htdocs\billing-libs\SSOManager.php:36
Stack trace:
#0 C:\Parallels\Plesk\billing\scripts\sso.php(179): SSOManager::repairUsers(true)
#1 C:\Parallels\Plesk\billing\scripts\sso.php(101): command_repair_accounts(Object(Zend_Console_Getopt))
#2 {main}

I suspect this will be one for Igor or other Parallels staff since it's pretty core to the application. Your assistance is very much appreciated as I have run out of things to try. I'm excited to have a fully working panel prior to migrating any clients from our 9.5.x server.

Thank you.

Nathan

Usually error like «The following SSO error occurred: No such SP specified as target» means that you have not specified Service Provider ID value in sso_config.ini on step:

# /usr/share/plesk-billing/sso --command=attach --app-type=admin --idp-url=https://domain.com:11443
Application type: admin
Connected with SSO: On
SSO enabled: Off
SSO API URL: https://domain.com:11443
SSO Relay port: https://domain.com:11444
Service Provider ID: ubtue6xtmzyafq26xkbmh2i7fdbbcb7lg4b

# vi /etc/sso/sso_config.ini

------------------------------------------
; Super Privileged Service Provider
privileged_sp_id = ubtue6xtmzyafq26xkbmh2i7fdbbcb7lg4b <--- YOU SHOULD UPDATE IT!
------------------------------------------

Check it.

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your quick response.

I had checked this previously and replaced the privileged_sp_id with the one provided by the sso command output shown above. They do match exactly and I've verified this just now using --command=info.

Anything else that I should try?

Thanks again,

Nathan

Could you please provide us with your sso.db database for the further investigation? As far as I know there is no any private information in this database. Therefore you can attach it here safely.

I have attached our "sso.db" in the zip file "sso.zip". Let me know if you need anything else or would like me to execute any commands and provide the output.

I appreciate your looking into this.

Nathan

Attachments

• sso.zip
    10 KB · Views: 8
I'm having exactly the same problems. SSO seems to be broken and sync wont work.
Any news here?

I have not recieved an update yet but Igor has kindly offered to look into this. This is the last item to check off my list before we go live with Plesk 10.0.1 so I am growing eager to figure it out.

Are you seeing the exact same message?
Error: Sync error: Failed to register the admin user in SSO: The following SSO error occurred: No such SP specified as target. (HTTP code: 404)
Please resolve the problem manually and retry to sync this administrator.

Do you have a similar configuration of Windows 2008 R2 64-bit?

Nathan

Hi! That's my error:
# /usr/share/plesk-billing/sso --command=repair-accounts
Repair administrative accounts:

Jose Perez (ID: 1)... [ERROR] - exception 'ProductException' with message 'Failed to repair admin #1 in SSO: The following SSO error occurred: No such SP specified as target. (HTTP code: 404)' in /opt/plesk-billing/billing-libs/SSOManager.php:31
But it's not the same environment (centos linux).
Anyway, the probem seems to come from the SSO side, as I see at sso.log:

[2010-12-02T19:20:04Z][4129][DEBUG][Invoker.php(60) doQuery] Executing SQL: ["SELECT sp_id, name, cert, cert_old, api_url, name_mapping_url, api_version, url, idp_id, ui, delete_time FROM sp WHERE delete_time is NULL AND sp_id=?",["s618tcypkzr1m6f2xtx8an5qddb4k5yu65a"]]
[2010-12-02T19:20:04Z][4129][INFO][main.php(80) main] [end] Request id=4cf7f164eca35, status_code=404
See? code 404 comes when no result found in sso.db. Strange, because when I reattach admin to SSO, a new sp_id is generated, I copied it inside sso_config.ini, but logs show me plesk is still using the old sp_id, not the new one.

Why is it using an old sp_id? Where is it reading it from?
How can I reload sso_config.ini values?

outsourceit,
It looks like you have used SSO port from linux sample:

/usr/share/plesk-billing/sso --command=attach --app-type=admin --idp-url=https://domain.com:11443

But there is other SSO port on Windows! It should be:

--idp-url=https://domain.com:8443

Sso

Hi Igor,

I had been careful to substitute port 8443 as this was clearly the correct port on Windows. This does not seem to be the issue here.

Nathan

Hi Igor,

I'm really hoping to get this one figured out soon or I will have to abandon using the Business Manager and maybe Plesk 10.x for now. I have not upgraded my license code from 9.5.x yet but there are only a few days left in my 15-day trial key that I am using prior to upgrading the production server key.

I have confirmed that the "misc" table in the main Plesk MySQL database has all of the right SSO SP_ID information. I've confirmed this matches the output of all commands above and the contents of the sso.db.

Is there some way to reset this or overcome this issue? It seems only administrator and client accounts are not syncing between the databases. This is a fresh install so I'd hate to have to open a paid support request but is that likely to get me any different result?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Nathan

I finally had some time to work on this. I removed and reinstalled sso.msi and billing.msi files. It seems reinstalling sso alone would have likely done the trick with the following parameters found in the original installer log (needed due to non-standard install path)

sso.msi ADDLOCAL=ALL INSTALLDIR="C:\Parallels\Plesk\" ALLUSERS=1 ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 REBOOT=R

After this and overcoming a few other errors the usual detach/attach commands were executed and everything is now syncing correctly and sso actually works.

Hi Y'all,

I've just upgraded to Plesk 10 to make use of the new Customer & Business Manager available in Plesk. I'm experiencing some issues where the SSO cannot sync with Plesk producing error:
Error: The following errors occurred during sync the SSO:
Failed to repair SSO: Failed to get SSO accounts info: No registration properties found for app 'admin'
Please resolve the problems manually and retry to sync again.

In addition for some reason any new customer or service plan added do not get synced into Plesk Panel though according to the C&B Manager they have synced ok. The last issue I'm experiencing is when I'm trying to import customer that already exists in Plesk Panel through the Server Groups produces the followign error:
An unexpected error occurred. Please go back and retry your operation. If this error persists, contact Parallels support.
Error Message : 'Invalid attribute name: Product::$product_addon_group_id'
Error Report #4d110d90af807

The Same error occurs when I press the Sync button though was working fine before I attempted to import a customer.
I've tried to follow the scripts in post http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=105780 but I don't seem to be able to get them to work.

I'm running Windows server 2008 RC2 64Bit.

I would be very gratefull if someone can put me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Franky

Just another update, when I run the following command I'm getting a error shown below.
C:\plesk\admin\bin>billing-sso --command=attach --app-type=admin --idp-url=https://cp.issentials.net:8443

Server error (code 500): Exception with message 'Script error [2] in C:\Plesk\sso\htdocs\lib\SslUtils.php (101): openssl_pkey_new() [<a href='function.openssl-p key-new'>function.openssl-pkey-new</a>]: unable to write random state' caught at top level. (HTTP code: 500)

Back