• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Password protecting subdomains

AnNaPF

New Pleskian
Hi!

How do I password protect subdomains with Plesk 10?

The problem seems to be that the doc-root for the subdomain is a directory parallel to the doc-root of the main domain...

Any idea?

Anape is proberly talking about this :

You can only password protect a directory that is locatet in "/httpdocs" it is not possible to f.x password protect a subdomain locatet in f.x /site1

it is not possible to remove the X mark that are in the docoment root (look at picture)

It is very odd that you can not password protect somthing in a subdomain so if we could get that option avaible it would be nice ;-)

Attachments

• nope.jpg
    nope.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 14
---------------------------------------------------------------
Plesk, 10.1.1, Centos 5.5 (final) (32bit)

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

You can only password protect a directory that is locatet in "/httpdocs" it is not possible to f.x password protect a subdomain locatet in f.x /site1

it is not possible to remove the X mark that are in the docoment root

ACTUAL RESULT:

you can't password protect if not exist in main document root so password protect anything in a subdomain is not possible

EXPECTED RESULT

To password protect any dir in the above the main domain owner structure /var/www/vhost/domainnamen.xx

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

It is very odd that you can not password protect somthing in a subdomain so if we could get that option avaible it would be nice ;-)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. Thank you.
I have forwarded it to developers. I will update thread with results.

Do you have an idea when this will be resolved? Not seeing the fix in the 10.2.0 changelog. Should we expect a 10.2.1 along with a 10.1.2? If you like I can provide a detailed example.

It is considered as feature request and according to developers:
"Shall get into 10.4 as a result of merging subdomains and domain"

Hi, in the 12 version this features was enabled?
I have the same problem.

And I cannot still find a solution to protect the all the subdomain "/" without protect the main domain.

ex

ww2.site.com fully protected (all directories all files)
site.com not protected

Back