• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Password protecting subdomains

AnNaPF

New Pleskian
Hi!

How do I password protect subdomains with Plesk 10?

The problem seems to be that the doc-root for the subdomain is a directory parallel to the doc-root of the main domain...

Any idea?

Anape is proberly talking about this :

You can only password protect a directory that is locatet in "/httpdocs" it is not possible to f.x password protect a subdomain locatet in f.x /site1

it is not possible to remove the X mark that are in the docoment root (look at picture)

It is very odd that you can not password protect somthing in a subdomain so if we could get that option avaible it would be nice ;-)

Attachments

• nope.jpg
    nope.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 14
---------------------------------------------------------------
Plesk, 10.1.1, Centos 5.5 (final) (32bit)

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

You can only password protect a directory that is locatet in "/httpdocs" it is not possible to f.x password protect a subdomain locatet in f.x /site1

it is not possible to remove the X mark that are in the docoment root

ACTUAL RESULT:

you can't password protect if not exist in main document root so password protect anything in a subdomain is not possible

EXPECTED RESULT

To password protect any dir in the above the main domain owner structure /var/www/vhost/domainnamen.xx

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

It is very odd that you can not password protect somthing in a subdomain so if we could get that option avaible it would be nice ;-)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. Thank you.
I have forwarded it to developers. I will update thread with results.

Do you have an idea when this will be resolved? Not seeing the fix in the 10.2.0 changelog. Should we expect a 10.2.1 along with a 10.1.2? If you like I can provide a detailed example.

It is considered as feature request and according to developers:
"Shall get into 10.4 as a result of merging subdomains and domain"

Hi, in the 12 version this features was enabled?
I have the same problem.

And I cannot still find a solution to protect the all the subdomain "/" without protect the main domain.

ex

ww2.site.com fully protected (all directories all files)
site.com not protected

Back