• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PDO dblib loading on php 5.6

HOSTMARCEL

New Pleskian
dear support,
so it has been 2 weeks now where I have been trying to get dblib working on PHP 5.6
I'm on OVH CentOS +Plesk obvious...
I can change to Ubuntu, Debian or whatever but I'm so fed up with trying that I gave up, I followed so many guides.
also broke the server many times to... that I had to reinstall...
I would like to ask for help with the installation I don't mind paying someone to do it for me
as long as someone can get it working for me I would be so happy!

yes, mate, I have seen it but there's no solution or fix and to be honest, that post was from a friend who asked here because I asked him to help
maybe u could give me a tip what Linux works better, CentOs, Ubuntu, Debian, I'm at all times running 64-bit on a dedicated server,
maybe u can give me instructions on how to install it on a clean install
I have tried installing just Linux, then PHP and then Plesk auto installer.
also, the linux+plesk auto installer then try and get it working.

the thing is if I could have windows server +plesk without IIS I would be so happy, unfortunately, that's not possible.

but I really ask for help, I always check guides, google, and search for questions by other people with the same problem.
so i hope u can help me IgorG
or anyone else that think he or she could help me

Last edited:
Could you please explain in more detail what exact error/problem do you have with pdo dblib which is shipped with Plesk, as I wrote in the mentioned thread? Why do you need to install something else in addition to already installed pdp dblib in Plesk?

thanks for the reply IgorG
well I'm trying to install a web CMS and it shows me I do have the needed requirements
TaQ5I8w.png

let's take ODBC for example that is giving this error when I try and connect.

9r3RPea.png

I tested the SQL connection from windows and it will just connect fine to the SQL database
this web CMS does not support windows Plesk because of the IIS, so that's why I need to use linux+plesk

so for some reason, the PDO Dblib is not showing up?
I use OVH dedicated server
when I install Plesk I get many options to pick from what I can use so I picked
System (OS)Linux Plesk Onyx (CentOS 7) (with the original kernel)
so its shopped like that. I also tried installing CentOS and after Plesk auto installer
I think I miss a few steps that I should take before its somehow working. but I have no knowledge of Linux whatsoever
so a step by step guide on how to install Dblib and getting it working on Linux Plesk would be much appreciated
or different Linux recommendations, I got told use Xampp or Lampp but I have years of Plesk license left and I love working with it
I followed so many guides and at the end, some do have it solved but never tell ''how'' they have solved it so other people can benefit from it that have the same issue
anywho any help much appreciated

Last edited:
How do you install it?
It looks like that there is system PHP version from OS vendor is used for this installation. But you have to use PHP version of your Plesk domain. It is PHP from Plesk with included pdo dblib as I already shown to you.

I install it by going to my customer admin panel, then pick what i would like to install
see below some examples
df3DUni.png

there is more that's just a part of it
OS version is PHP 5.4 but when I change the PHP version on the domain to 5.6 I have the same problem

Last edited:
Ohh... I see that your panel is not Plesk.
Why do you think that you try to install your CMS in Plesk?

no that's the OS I can pick to install and as you can see I can pick
Linux Plesk onyx CentOS 7 that is what I have installed, then after its all installed I add the website cms into the HTTP folder and do the installation
that's where I get stuck with Dblib

So, Install Plesk and install your CMS with using your domain's PHP version instead of OS vendor's PHP version. Domain's PHP version is PHP from Plesk with included PDO dblib support as I wrote earlier.

it won't IgorG 'm not that daft ^_^ when I pick PHP version 5.6 (non-OS) it will still give me the problems that it is not recognizing the driver its only showing ODBC driver not Dblib

Have you actually verified that your domain is running with PHP 5.6 from Plesk?
Can you please create a PHP file that calls the function phpinfo(); and post the output of it here?

Have you actually verified that your domain is running with PHP 5.6 from Plesk?
Can you please create a PHP file that calls the function phpinfo(); and post the output of it here?

i sended a pm with a php info link from the site due to security reason i rather not post it in public :)

PHP seemed fine I got told,

I did a full wipe on the server+ reinstalled Plesk. now if anyone has a guide or would like to make a guide
to install

[NOTE] for PHP 5.6

pdo_dblib.so
mssql.so

step 1 till the end for a Linux newbie like me :)
I'm still struggling since day 1...

please any help much appreciated

ps, I tried another panel for a day designed for Centos and paid for a 1-time support, ($7)
and asked them to install the PDO Dblib on PHP 5.6.
30 minutes later it was installed and activated.
unfortunately they don't offer other panel support :p

Back