• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Permanently Ban Repeat IPs With fail2ban

EnriqueR

Regular Pleskian
How to set a permanent ban per IP in Fail2ban??
I have banned continuously some IPs with recidibe and I need put this IPs in a permanent blacklist.

You will need to add those IPs in your permanent firewall configuration. But there is a risk of losing legitimate traffic later - intruders will later drop those IPs and they will be returned to some "good" customer

I think what he means is that you can put the value "-1" in the ban period field and it will ban the IP permanently. I haven't tested this myself.

I do not quite understand what you mean, or where the value is. Could you explain?

sr my bad english.
I mean we can set value -1 in the IP address ban period field.
Tool & setting > Fail2ban > Setting > IP address ban period : -1 (seconds)

sr my bad english.
I mean we can set value -1 in the IP address ban period field.
Tool & setting > Fail2ban > Setting > IP address ban period : -1 (seconds)
That's true, but I wish this were to some specific IPs, since it would only be for a few special cases.

Back