• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

permission issue. c:/windows/temp

M

mycool

Hi Guys,

Need some help. I have a server with 8.3 that fails to allow access DB's to run as they cant write to the c:\windows\Temp dir. The permissions are set identical to our 8.2 machines and they are working fine. The only way I have found to resolve this is to allow the psacln user read and write perms on this dir. The access DB's can then work.

I have also noted that on our 8.2 systems that a windows user account is created for all domain accounts on the server, where as the 8.3 system does not setup these windows user accounts. Could this be related?

Any help on this would be great as I am concerned that allowing the read and write perms on that dir may be a security issue.

Thanks
Michael

Hi all,

Nothing yet huh?

Ok well what I cant figure is why my plesk 8.2 servers create a windows user account (eg a dir in C:\Documents and Settings\username for most accounts. But the 8.3 plesk does not.

Back