• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Personal FTP Backups

LFCHosting

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

I've got a small issue I'm hoping someone can help me solve. Let me start by saying I *don't* want to use the "Server Repository" for backups. I want a solution that meets these requirements:

* backups are kept on a separate server
* backups are scheduled by me, the administrator, and are accessible to all users, removing the need for the users to schedule their own backups
* backups are accessible by each user

The server repository meets these other than the backups being stored locally. I thought the "Personal FTP Repository" might do the trick, however all I get with that is the admin user being able to see all of the backups it has created, the user's cannot see their own. I've already got the backup server hardware in place, I'm willing to get creative on this. I understand that I can't do this over a Windows network share due to some other posts I've seen that throw errors about permissions. Any ideas?

Thanks

In tools and setting >> backup manager you will find option ftp backup. Add your ftp details and run backup.

Back