• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Personal FTP repository fails, but active FTP works

Andy_Shellam

New Pleskian
I'm using Plesk 12.0.18 on a virtual container powered by Parallels Virtuozzo Containers, and I cannot get the FTP (personal repository) working.

In my settings, I've unchecked Passive mode (as the VPS is configured with the Virtuozzo firewall) yet Plesk still seems to test the connection with passive mode, which I know will fail. However active FTP on the command-line works fine.

My settings:
Host: ftp.hidrive.strato.com
Directory: /users/xxx/plesk_backups
FTP username: xxx
Password: xxx
Passive mode: UNCHECKED
FTPS: UNCHECKED

Saving the repository fails with (after a hang): Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: Couldn't connect to server
If the "directory" doesn't exist on the FTP server it fails immediately, so the connection is working, and it seems to be on the "dir/ls" command that it fails - which is a symptom it's using Passive mode.

According to the Panel log file, Plesk issues the below command:

[21-Oct-2014 02:53:55 America/Chicago] PleskUtilException: '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras' '--check-repository' '--dump-storage=ftp://[email protected]/users/xxx/plesk_backups' '--use-ftp-passive-mode' failed with code 125.

Note the "--use-ftp-passive-mode" even though "passive mode" is UNCHECKED in the UI.

From a terminal:

# ftp ftp.hidrive.strato.com
Connected to ftp.hidrive.strato.com (85.214.3.73).
220 Another visitor. Stay a while...
Name (ftp.hidrive.strato.com:root): xxx
331 FTP login okay, send password.
Password:
230 User logged in, proceed.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> passive
Passive mode off.
ftp> cd /users/xxx/plesk_backups
250 Directory changed to /users/xxx/plesk_backups
ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection.
drwx------ 4 ftp ftp 4 Oct 21 09:45 ..
226 Transfer complete. Closing data connection.
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.

If I run the command without the --use-ftp-passive-mode, it succeeds:

# export DUMP_STORAGE_PASSWD=xxx
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --check-repository --dump-storage=ftp://[email protected]/users/data-4149/plesk_backups
drwxr-xr-x 3 ftp ftp 3 Oct 21 10:05 ..
drwx------ 4 ftp ftp 4 Oct 21 09:45 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 ftp ftp 2 Oct 21 10:05 check0

I'm fairly sure this is a bug, is there a hotfix available?

Back