• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs [PES extension] Default spam filter settings still accessible

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
User name: Rasp

TITLE

[PES extension] Default spam filter settings still accessible

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS 7.8.2, Plesk 17.8.11 Update #85, PES version 1.0.5-184

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

This probably a minor issue, but I thought it would be best to report it any way.

When the Plesk Email Security extension gets installed the Spam Filter link is removed from the Tools & settings page in Plesk (under the Mail heading). I guess because the spam filter settings are managed trough the PES extension. However the Spam Filter settings page is still accessible trough the search option in the Plesk UI.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1) Install Plesk Email Security extension (I've only tested with the free version)
2) Navigate to the Tools & settings in Plesk and observe that the Spam Filter link removed beneath Mail heading
3) Use the Plesk search function to search for Spam Filter and notice how the Spam Filter settings are stills shown as a search result.

E91EV7i.png

ACTUAL RESULT

The default Spam Filter settings are still accessible.

EXPECTED RESULT

The Spam Filter settings probably should not be shown as a result?

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

From developer:

Thanks for the report. This is expected behaviour and will be solved once PES replaced the SpamAssistant component completely.

Back