• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question php-extension for Plesk

MSD

New Pleskian
Hello Plesk,

I have installed latest Plesk Web Pro Edition on my dedicated server and I would like to activate php support for the Interbase/Firebird database. In my previous hosting company I have the server (with low resources, even I have premium package with cPanel, but I need more resources and I need Plesk :) ) with that support and everything works fine.

So is there any tip how to add this php-extension to my Plesk server and migrate all projects from the old one on cPanel?

I was installed this:
  1. wget Index of /yum/el7/x86_64/
  2. rpm -Uvh webtatic-release*rpm
  3. yum --enablerepo=webtatic install php72w-interbase
but I get this error when I call my project:

Message: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'interbase' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/7.2/lib64/php/modules/interbase (/opt/plesk/php/7.2/lib64/php/modules/interbase: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/plesk/php/7.2/lib64/php/modules/interbase.so (/opt/plesk/php/7.2/lib64/php/modules/interbase.so: undefined symbol: zval_used_for_init))

Thanks for the support and assistance in the advance...

I suppose that module should be compiled with usual method for Plesk, like Resolved - memcache 3.0.8 for PHP 5.6 on Ubuntu 16.04 or the same many times mentioned here. But I see that source of interbase/firebird is very outdated:

# /opt/plesk/php/7.2/bin/pecl install pdo_firebird-0.2
WARNING: channel "pear.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "pecl channel-update pear.php.net" to update
pear/PDO_FIREBIRD requires PHP (version >= 5.0.3, version <= 6.0.0), installed version is 7.2.12
No valid packages found
install failed

So, you need to find compatible with php7.2 source first and then try to compile module.

Back