• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PHP-FPM error log rotation period

TimReeves

Regular Pleskian
Plesk 18.0.36 changed the rotation of Plesk PHP-FPM error logs to daily - I assume from weekly?

I want to go (back) to weekly: I have scripts run by cron which monitor the size of those files and the threshold for complaint is based on a weekly amount of errors. And it's not a high threshold - I'm very obsessive about any PHP warnings and errors - you wouldn't believe how many WordPress plugin authors have gotten support requests from me...

So my question is: Is there any setting in panel.ini or a Plesk CLI job where I can set that? The current Panel.ini Editor doesn't offer anything here. Nor do I see any relevant CLI command.

Thanks!

Thanks @hschramm you are right ofcourse. I'm well familiar with logrotate, don't know why I didn't think of it in this context. And yes, there are the 'daily' lines for each Plesk PHP installed.

But I don't like trying to simply edit those files, as they belong to their respective Plesk packages. What I would really need here would be a Plesk option, such that Plesk activates or generates a different logrotate file.

I can't see that happening very soon and am beginning to think that it may be easier to accept the daily, modify my monitoring threshhold, and put my expectation on the duplicated PHP messages in the webserver error logs.

Back