• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PHP has no read access to /dev/urandom

endstationStgt

New Pleskian
Hello,

I installed ownCloud on my Plesk server. Unfortunately shows me ownCloud errors like this:

"PHP has no read access to /dev/urandom"

What should I do to make this setup under Plesk? :(

I have:

Operating System: CentOS 6.8 with Plesk 05.12.30
Web Server Type: Linux
Database type: MySQL phpMyAdmin
PHP Version: 5.6.24
ownCloud Version: 9.1.0

I think you must add /dev/urandom to the open_basedir directive in your PHP settings (at the domain level)

You probably have something like:

{WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}
Change it to:

{WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}{:}/dev/urandom​

I don't know if/how this can be changed, and in which template, for future domains

I don't know if/how this can be changed, and in which template, for future domains

You might consider to have a look at the Plesk documentation : => PHP Management ( Plesk 12.5 online documentation )

Inheriting PHP settings
Note that in Plesk local settings override global ones. This means that, for example, settings defined on the subscription level take precedence over those defined on the service plan level, but are, in turn, overridden by those defined on the domain level.

Note: If you change the PHP settings for a subscription, the subscription will be locked for sync unless the subscription owner has the necessary permissions to make the changes you made.

This scheme illustrates the hierarchy, from the topmost level to the bottom:

75148.png

Thanks for clarifying, UFHH01.

Anyway in the control panel I don't see how to change PHP directives at the subscription level: I see them at the "service plan" and "domain" level, but not in the subscription... (but I'm a newbie here so I may missing something obvious!)

oh, btw, having changed the above mentioned directive at the domain level, I don't see the subscription as locked (like I see when I change something else, like e.g. the PHP version to use), but maybe I misunderstood what you meant...

Back