• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP Issue?

Ryan11433

Regular Pleskian
Build is 10.4.4 Windows 2003/2008 20111103.18 on Windows 2008 64 bit and is up to date. (Update #27)

Faulting application php-cgi.exe, version 5.3.10.0, time stamp 0x4f2ae509, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.3.10.0, time stamp 0x4f2ae5d1, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000a37c6, process id 0xf5c, application start time 0x01cd271715378ec2.

It is from updating all RSS imports in IPB software as of 3.3.1 run by you that set my server up.

What could be causing this? I did try to check with IPB as of http://www.invisionpower.com first as they stated

Hello,

I'm sorry, Ryan11433. I know you're trying hard. Unfortunately, we are just not Windows experts and those errors are not being very descriptive. We have many customers, including enterprise, successfully using the software on a Windows platform, but I suspect you have a module or similar misconfiguration that is conflicting.

Ultimately, I have devoted countless hours of time to your support issues, which almost always end up being due to your self-hosted environment. As I've mentioned before, I cannot justify doing so anymore.

You either need to hire a windows system administrator or host with a proper hosting company that can support you.

Regards,

Invision Power Services, Inc.

I said in reply that I understand that you cannot figure it out and later on I'm going to contact Parallels Support Team to get this fixed.

So what should I do or waste 75 for to just submit a ticket to get it fixed?

Last edited:
just a update as manually to upgrade PHP to 5.3.11 from plesk's php of 5.3.10 seems to work now as it was and now there is a timeout issue.

The real error with PHP 5.3.11 is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP53\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout" I wonder what is timing it out.

After more research being done I find a Configuration Sample

The following configuration sample adds a FastCGI application for PHP, sets the instanceMaxRequests attribute to "10000," and sets the PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS environment variable to "10000."
<fastCgi>
<application fullPath="C:\PHP\php-cgi.exe"
arguments=""
maxInstances="4"
idleTimeout="300"
activityTimeout="30"
requestTimeout="90"
instanceMaxRequests="10000"
protocol="NamedPipe"
flushNamedPipe="false">
<environmentVariables>
<environmentVariable
name="PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS"
value="10000" />
</environmentVariables>
</application>
</fastCgi>

I wonder where that file is or to create it as activityTimeout could be the field that is timing it out.

Also a better understanding...

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP53\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout

this is the real error and do you have a clue why this is happening? even I did a check manually as you look below.

C:\>cd Windows\System32\inetsrv
C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv>appcmd list config -section:system.webServer/fastCgi
<system.webServer>
<fastCgi>
<application fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Ple
skPHP5\php-cgi.exe">
<environmentVariables>
</environmentVariables>
</application>
<application fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\php-
cgi.exe" maxInstances="12" idleTimeout="1800" activityTimeout="3600">
<environmentVariables>
</environmentVariables>
</application>
<application fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PHP
\php.exe">
<environmentVariables>
</environmentVariables>
</application>
<application fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Ple
skPHP53\php-cgi.exe">
<environmentVariables>
</environmentVariables>
</application>
</fastCgi>
</system.webServer>
C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv>

However it seems that was a fake error because I have activitytimeout increased manually already. I need to know how to increase it in plesk control panel in domain's hosting setting though.

Last edited:
Back