• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contribution PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk

I’ve just installed on Plesk 11.5 / Centos 6.5 using the recommended procedure. The Atomic php options are not listed in the FastCGi options within Plesk. I checked the php handler list and they are not showing there either.

On installation there was one error, which I wonder might be related:

Installing : plesk-php-panda-0.7-8.el6.art.x86_64
Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package plesk-php-panda-0.7-8.el6.art.x86_64
Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 502
Unrecognized option: '-clipath'

warning: %post(plesk-php-panda-0.7-8.el6.art.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

Verifying : plesk-php-panda-0.7-8.el6.art.x86_64 1/1

Installed:

plesk-php-panda.x86_64 0:0.7-8.el6.art

I’ve used this solution successfully on another server (Plesk 12) for several months now - excellent!

Last edited:
I’ve just installed on Plesk 11.5 / Centos 6.5 using the recommended procedure. The Atomic php options are not listed in the FastCGi options within Plesk. I checked the php handler list and they are not showing there either.

On installation there was one error, which I wonder might be related:

Installing : plesk-php-panda-0.7-8.el6.art.x86_64
Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package plesk-php-panda-0.7-8.el6.art.x86_64

warning: %post(plesk-php-panda-0.7-8.el6.art.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

Verifying : plesk-php-panda-0.7-8.el6.art.x86_64 1/1

Installed:

plesk-php-panda.x86_64 0:0.7-8.el6.art

UPDATE:

I've been able to manually add the Atomic PHP versions to the Plesk PHP handler and got things working. However, I'd still like to know whether the error I got was the cause of them not being added by plesk-php-panda

I think there might be cli differences between 11.5 and 12.1 here. As I dont have access to an 11.5 system here, could you check on your system what options /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler supports?

Updates are now available for:
* PHP 5.3.29
* PHP 5.4.41
* PHP 5.5.9
* PHP 5.6.9

These updates contain important security updates, and it is highly recommended to upgrade to these versions as soon as possible.

Changelog:
- Security fix for CVE-2014-9709
- Security fix for CVE-2015-2301
- Security fix for CVE-2015-2783

I think there might be cli differences between 11.5 and 12.1 here. As I dont have access to an 11.5 system here, could you check on your system what options /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler supports?
This is the output from /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --help:

Usage: php_handler command [options]

Available commands:

--add Registers a new PHP handler.
--update Updates an existing PHP handler.
--replace Replaces a certain PHP handler with
another one for all service plans and
websites in Panel.
--remove Removes a PHP handler.
--list Displays the list of all PHP handlers
registered in Panel.
--list-json Displays the list of all PHP handlers
in JSON format. Use this to pass
information about PHP handlers to
scripts.
--reread Refreshes information about PHP
handlers in Panel. Use after you
changed PHP handlers not through
Panel.
--help or -h Displays this help page.

Available options:

-id <handler id> Sets the PHP handler identifier (use
with the "add", "update" and "remove"
commands). To view the identifiers of
registered handlers use the "--list"
command.

-displayname <name> Sets the name for the PHP handler to
be displayed in the GUI (use with the
"add" and "update" commands).

-path <path to php-cgi> Sets the path to the php-cgi binary
file (use with the "add" and "update"
commands).

-phpini <path to php.ini> Sets the path to the php.ini file (use
with the "add" and "update" commands).

-type <cgi|fastcgi> Sets the PHP handler type (use with
the "add" and "update" commands).

-old-id <old handler id> Specifies the PHP handler you want to
replace (use with the "replace"
command).

-new-id <new handler id> Specifies the PHP handler with which
you want to replace the existing one
(use with the "replace" command).

Version: 11.5.30_build115130819.13 os_CentOS 6

These were available last week, but I completely forgot to update this page:
* PHP 5.6.10
* PHP 5.5.26
* PHP 5.4.42

Security backports for PHP 5.3.29 to resolve the following security issues:
- Security fix for CVE-2014-9709
- Security fix for CVE-2015-2301
- Security fix for CVE-2015-2783

Updates are now available for for:
* PHP 5.6.12
* PHP 5.5.28
* PHP 5.4.44

Additional fixes in this update restore compatibility with Plesk 11.5

Just wanted to let you know that we woke up this morning after a yum update (that in all fairness shouldn't have been running unsupervised!) to the latest version of PHP Panda. Unfortunately apache wouldn't start, complaining of a segmentation fault, eventually a roll-back in yum of the updates fixed the issues. I didn't have the time or expertise to debug this further, and as far as I could tell there weren't any core dumps.

The only thing I had was a error when I ran apache through strace, something to do with a file write error I think.

What exactly did you need to roll back? The SCL packages arent called by apache, so I'm not sure how they could affect it directly.

Do you have an example of the error message as well?

Thanks for responding :)

I rolled back the last yum update, which was a package update for plesk-php-panda-0.8-8.el6.art.x86_64 to 0.9-8.el6.art.x86_64

The update installed all the new PHP-7.0.0-0.14.beta3 packages along with libwebp-0.4.3-3 which wasn't installed previously.

I'm afraid I don't have an error specifically, when I attempted to start /etc/init.d/httpd I got an error which was something like this (iirc)

Code:
/bin/bash error line 1 (pid:xxx) segmentation fault (core_dumped) /usr/sbin/httpd

I couldn't debug the error for the life of me, untill I noticed a new /etc/httpd/conf.d/ config file and I figured out an update must have happened. I tried removing the config file and disabling some random PHP extensions to no avail.

We run Apache and PHP under fastcgi and mod_php on Plesk (over 300 domains).

Wish I could help more, let me know if you need anything else.

Im not sure that is related, the php-panda rpm is just a loader for the rest of the packages. Its job is to add the configs to the Plesk settings. It only runs when the rpm is being updated.

I understand what you're saying, and I can't be certain which rpm caused the problem, all I can say is undoing the updates resolved the issue. I'm guessing something weird is happening to either the apache configs or the PHP configs/extensions. I know plesk was still operational while apache was down, and I looked into the hosting settings and didn't see PHP 7 show up as a PHP version, are there additional commands to run to get it to show up? I had 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 that we had configured on first install (we didn't need < 5.4).

I do recall getting a error along the lines of "httpd segmentation fault error 4 in libc-2.12.so" but I don't know if that helps.

is it safe to yum remove plesk-php-panda?
should i first return to the vendor's php version for all websites?

Back