• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Contribution PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk

New to posting here. I went through the process of installing PHP-Panda, but am running into an issue with installing php-bcmath.

I tried...

Code:
yum clean all

yum install php-bcmath

When I click 'y' to install, I get this error.

Code:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 4520afa9: NOKEY
Retrieving key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY.art.txt

The GPG keys listed for the "CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 - atomicrocketturtle.com" repository are already installed but they are not correct for this package.
Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.

Also, what would be the process of uninstalling php-panda if I want to revert back to the setup I had prior to the install?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PLease help on this or how is it done on native PLesk

Hi,

I am new to the forums and i used this package in hope that multie PHP will work ... i tryed Plesk instructions but they did not work for me ... everything went ok with PHP instalation but afterward when i registered new PHP with Plesk as option ... it did not make it
as option but it overwriten the existing PHP version and broke Plesk for me ...

Thats why i am trying this option now ... i installed everything by this instructions:
wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh
yum update atomic-release
yum install plesk-php-panda

The result:
Plesk default php is now running on PHP - 5.4.29 and Plesk is not broker this is good

But how do i add new PHP version as a option for client package in Plesk ?

Tnx-u for any assistance ...

Yes i figured it out ... i had to reload php handler ... then they popout on my list of options ... i also had to install fastcgi trought Plesk ...

Now i have big problem that Apache is working and mysql also but PHP does not ... Plesk is running (base PHP) but on all of my accounts PHP is not working and i can not find the issue and also if i chose base PHP which plesk uses accounts PHP is not working ( I MADE TEST.PHP AND OUTPUTED PHPINFO AND I AM GETTING BLANK PAGE) :( any suggestions ?

I am running: CentOS 6.5 and Plesk 11.5 ...

You'll see the ist of PHP versions in the host settings for each domain where you select cgi/fcgi.

Each one uses a separate php.d directory, for example:

/opt/atomic/atomic-php56/root/etc/php.d/

where atomic-php56 indicates the version.

You could drop your zend-optimizer.ini in there.

Ciao

I what to use php5.3

# yum install plesk-php53-panda
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* atomic: mir01.syntis.net
* base: mirrors.prometeus.net
* extras: mirrors.prometeus.net
* updates: mirrors.prometeus.net
Setting up Install Process
No package plesk-php53-panda available.
Error: Nothing to do

i have atomic 5.2, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6

Can you help me?

Euro

Hey there

Just tired to install Zend Guard Loader didn't worked so far.
I copied the ini from the php.d directory into the php.d directory from the version of PHP-Panda in opt/atomic/...
But i always get ah white screen don't know why.
Does someone has an idea.

Ciao

I what to use php5.3

# yum install plesk-php53-panda
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* atomic: mir01.syntis.net
* base: mirrors.prometeus.net
* extras: mirrors.prometeus.net
* updates: mirrors.prometeus.net
Setting up Install Process
No package plesk-php53-panda available.
Error: Nothing to do

i have atomic 5.2, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6

Can you help me?

Euro

I believe PHP Panda only contains the versions you have.
5.3 is available in the (paying) Nucleus repo.
I think this is because 5.3 is still the main PHP version in Centos 6 and the Nucleus version has custom security backports for 5.3

Hello
installed Panda on Plesk 11.5 without errors
restarted the Vps but I can't see any choice for Php versions. Must I do anything else?
Thanks

Hi Scott,

How would I update these?

I have enabled=0 for atomic repo and tried to do:

yum --enablerepo=atomic update plesk-php-panda plesk-php52-panda

And while this did update plesk-php-panda,
the PHP versions are still the old ones:

Code:
      fastcgi-54     Atomic 5.4         5.4.26       5.4  fastcgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/usr/bin/php-cgi            /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/etc/php.ini     true
      fastcgi-55     Atomic 5.5         5.5.10       5.5  fastcgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/usr/bin/php-cgi            /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc/php.ini     true
      fastcgi-52     Atomic 5.2         5.2.17         5  fastcgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php52/root/usr/bin/php-cgi            /opt/atomic/atomic-php52/root/etc/php.ini     true
      fastcgi-56     Atomic 5.6          5.6.0       5.6  fastcgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php56/root/usr/bin/php-cgi            /opt/atomic/atomic-php56/root/etc/php.ini     true

I already ran
Code:
plesk bin php_handler --reread

Code:
# /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/usr/bin/php -v | head -1
PHP 5.4.26 (cli) (built: Mar 12 2014 13:40:37)

You'll have to update those packages through yum, the loader packages (plesk-php-panda, etc) do not dictate the version to install, just the name.

Code:
yum --enablerepo=atomic update atomic-php54*
plesk bin php_handler --reread
plesk bin php_handler --list

fastcgi-54     Atomic 5.4         5.4.30       5.4  fastcgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/usr/bin/php-cgi            /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/etc/php.ini     true

Fixed :)

Scott, is there a group name / group package for atomic-php54, or is atomic-php54* the correct "package name" to use for yum update ?

Just wonder if I'm missing out on updates to packages that were installed with php-panda like:

firebird-libfbclient.x86_64
libvpx.x86_64
mhash.x86_64

If I update like this.

Last edited:
Just wonder if I'm missing out on updates to packages that were installed with php-panda like:

You *could* miss out on updates for those other components. Excepting the condition of a major change where the library versioning (ex libexample.so.10 becomes libexample.so.11) those updates won't be automatically pulled in from an update like yum upgrade atomic-php*. You'd have to cherry pick updates from a list.

For what its worth, we actually did make a web interface around yum as a plesk module. It needs some updating but the code would let you use checkboxes to select exacty what updates you want:

https://github.com/atomicturtle/atomic-yum

Back