• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contribution PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk

@BrettDNZ It should be just fine in that environment. The packages are installed in parallel with any other php installs on the system.

@atomicturtle the usage of this solution(Panda) is free or I need have a active account with atomicorp?

Thanks

You will only need a subscription to install the PHP 5.3 packages from the Nucleus channel, all the rest are available from the Atomic repo directly. No account required!

Dear @atomicturtle
thanks a lot for this nice tool, unfortunately I have some problems, when I chose one of the Atomic fastcgi php handlers and I try to load a simple page with <? phpinfo(); ?> I have immediate 500 internal server error.
I'm using plesk 11.5.30 on Centos 5.9

checking /var/log/httpd/error_log I can see where the fatal error is:
Code:
....a lot of warnings PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library....

PHP Fatal error:  Directive 'safe_mode' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0

but checking the php.ini file for this handler there is not safe_mode directive
Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --list
  id:  display name:  full version:  version:  type:  cgi-bin:  php.ini:  custom:
  cgi  5.3.3  5.3.3  5.3  cgi  /usr/bin/php-cgi  /etc/php.ini  false
  fastcgi  5.3.3  5.3.3  5.3  fastcgi  /usr/bin/php-cgi  /etc/php.ini  false
  fastcgi-54  Atomic 5.4  5.4.33  5.4  fastcgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/usr/bin/php-cgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/etc/php.ini  true
  fastcgi-55  Atomic 5.5  5.5.17  5.5  fastcgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/usr/bin/php-cgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc/php.ini  true
  fastcgi-56  Atomic 5.6  5.6.0  5.6  fastcgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php56/root/usr/bin/php-cgi  /opt/atomic/atomic-php56/root/etc/php.ini  true
  module  5.3.3  5.3.3  5.3  module  /usr/bin/php-cgi  /etc/php.ini  false

so I tried to create a custom php.ini file for this vhosts and places into /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/etc/php.ini

but I still have the error, i double checked the php settings for this domain on plesk server web interface and I'm absolute sure all the settings are Default.

so I'm wondering from where is loading the safe_mode directive.

thanks in advice for any help!

Hello,
I use Plesk 12 with CentOS 6.
When I install PHP Panda, it's ok but when I active PHP 5.4 (or other) for a website, PHP files are not run with PHP... The server gives only HTML.
What can I do ?
Thanks
Philippe

Hello,
I use Plesk 12 with CentOS 6.
When I install PHP Panda, it's ok but when I active PHP 5.4 (or other) for a website, PHP files are not run with PHP... The server gives only HTML.
What can I do ?
Thanks
Philippe
I've the solution.
My problem was "short_open_tag" was turn off... and my code was write with <? ?>...

hi all!
first of all php panda rocks!!!
in my case though after a yum update disaster came...
let me explain for i will need your help on this if you please

i had the common "many joomla websites but php 5.3.3 on centos 6.5 server"
found php panda and installed it in a blink
5.4, 5.5, 5.6 ιinstalled like a charm and worked an all websites i choose
then...
i decided to upgrade plesk from 11.5 to 12.0.18
but before i do that i run a "yum update"
And for some reason the base php server pack upgraded to 5.4.33 and mysql from 5.1 to 5.5.....
now there is no 5.3.3 anymore and all the older websites have multiple problems

# yum list installed php\*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
epel/metalink | 27 kB 00:00
* atomic: www7.atomicorp.com
* base: mirror.checkdomain.de
* epel: mirrors.n-ix.net
* extras: mirror.checkdomain.de
* updates: mirror.checkdomain.de
atomic | 3.4 kB 00:00
atomic/primary_db | 1.0 MB 00:00
base | 3.7 kB 00:00
epel | 4.4 kB 00:00
epel/primary_db | 6.3 MB 00:00
extras | 3.3 kB 00:00
updates | 3.4 kB 00:00
414 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Installed Packages
php.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-cli.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-common.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-devel.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-gd.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-imap.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-ioncube-loader.x86_64 1:4.4.1-3.el6.art @atomic
php-mbstring.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-mcrypt.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-mysql.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-pdo.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-soap.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic
php-xml.x86_64 5.4.33-39.el6.art @atomic

any suggestions ??

@Pan_Duke I think there is a thread in the atomic forums about downgrading the DSO to the default 5.3 builds. I dont have the link handy

Changelog:
PHP 5.3.34 is now available!

@Pan_Duke I think there is a thread in the atomic forums about downgrading the DSO to the default 5.3 builds. I dont have the link handy

Changelog:
PHP 5.3.34 is now available!

Hi,

I execute "yum update plesk-php-panda" but my php version not update.

What command should I run to update php version to 5.5.34 or 5.6.2?

Regards!

Hi,
I am using PHP Panda and it's fantastic. Just one question:
If a new version of PHP 5.5 comes out and I want to update it on my server, can I do so by running the yum install a second time?
(like: yum install plesk-php-panda --enablerepo=atomic)

Right now I have 5.5.17, so if 5.5.20 is released and I run the command above, will it update my PHP 5.5 in the same location as before? (/opt/atomic/atomic-php55/)

Or if another PHP 5.x comes out and it's released in Panda and I update it, will it mess up my existing PHP paths like /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/? Or just add a new one like /opt/atomic/atomic-php5x/ ?

I apologize if the questions sound dumb!
Thanks,
Rob

Back