• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contribution PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk

No issues that Im aware of, whats the problem?

I was installed it:

Package plesk-php-panda-0.5-4.el6.art.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Now, in the panel I can only see PHP 5.3.3:

PHP support (Run PHP as FastCGI application , PHP version 5.3.3 )

I needed to yum remove plesk-php-panda and install it again to fix. I tried a couple times and always got the same problem on first installation:

Installing : plesk-php-panda-0.5-4.el6.art.x86_64 1/1
The new PHP handler with the id "fastcgi-52" was successfully registered.
The new PHP handler with the id "fastcgi-54" was successfully registered.
The new PHP handler with the id "fastcgi-55" was successfully registered.
The new PHP handler with the id "fastcgi-56" was successfully registered.
Verifying : plesk-php-panda-0.5-4.el6.art.x86_64

The reinstall fix the problem.
Now is working perfect on Plesk 12.0.16

Thank you very much!!!

Best regards,
Horacio

The biggest "annoyance" is that after installing the atomic repo,
a yum update will upgrade php to 5.4 and mysql to 5.5

These are quite intrusive changes.

I decided to go with the;

Code:
sed -i 's@enabled = 1@enabled = 0@g' /etc/yum.repos.d/atomic.repo
yum clean all

approach for now.

When I want PHP Panda updates, I'll just do:

Code:
yum install plesk-php-panda --enablerepo=atomic

Thanks!

Thanks StephanS for pointing this out, as I had to do this manually when I installed the solution provided by atomicturtle.

Atomic PHP 5.2.17-5 is now available. This update is part of the ongoing process to backport bugs and security fixes into the PHP 5.2 branch. This update addresses the following CVES:

- Fix CVE-2006-7243
- Fix CVE-2011-2202
- Fix CVE-2011-4153

Yes, this is distributed as an SCL package (Software Collections Library), which means it is independent fromt updates to plesk or from the distro (centos/redhat/etc).

Delta RPM updates are now available for the PHP Panda on Centos/Redhat/Cloudlinux 6.

deltas (drpms) are binary "patches" to the existing RPM packages. Instead of downloading all files, regardless of whether they have changed or not, a delta RPM will only download the files that have changed compared to the previous RPM package saving considerable bandwidth and time on updates.

In order to configure delta rpm support on your system you only need to install the yum-presto package with:

yum install yum-presto

Hello all
I'm using Plesk for the first time. I'm in 11.5.30 version on Centos, and just installed Panda. All versions display correctly in the dropdown but:
- 5.5 gives lots of errors and applications (drupal) won't run: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/sysvmsg.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sysvmsg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
- 5.6 gives lots of warnings of two types on running phpinfo, and drupal doesn't run either:
- PHP Warning: PHP Startup: iconv: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20121212 PHP compiled with module API=20131226 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0
- PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/wddx.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/wddx.so: undefined symbol: php_XML_Parse in Unknown on line 0

The strange thing is that libraries are correctly installed on /opt/atomic, but it seems that it's still looking for them in /usr/lib.

Anything I can do to fix it or at least investigate a bit more?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply

Here's the output
[root@s17646753 httpdocs]# plesk bin php_handler --list
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
id: display name: full version: version: type: cgi-bin: php.ini: custom:
cgi 5.4.28 5.4.28 5.4 cgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /etc/php.ini false
fastcgi 5.4.28 5.4.28 5.4 fastcgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /etc/php.ini false
fastcgi-52 Atomic 5.2 5.2.17 5 fastcgi /opt/atomic/atomic-php52/root/usr/bin/php-cgi /opt/atomic/atomic-php52/root/etc/php.ini true
fastcgi-54 Atomic 5.4 5.4.28 5.4 fastcgi /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/usr/bin/php-cgi /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/etc/php.ini true
fastcgi-55 Atomic 5.5 5.5.12 5.5 fastcgi /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/usr/bin/php-cgi /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc/php.ini true
fastcgi-56 Atomic 5.6 5.6.0 5.6 fastcgi /opt/atomic/atomic-php56/root/usr/bin/php-cgi /opt/atomic/atomic-php56/root/etc/php.ini true
module 5.4.28 5.4.28 5.4 module /usr/bin/php-cgi /etc/php.ini false

The correct ini's seem to be loaded.

Can you do:

Code:
grep '^extension_dir' /opt/atomic/atomic-php??/root/etc/php.ini

I have not fully updated my PHP's but I also get:

Code:
/opt/atomic/atomic-php56/root/etc/php.ini:extension_dir = "/usr/lib/php/modules"

Which I don't believe to be correct.

Exactly. Got the same paths

[root@s17646753]# grep '^extension_dir' /opt/atomic/atomic-php??/root/etc/php.ini
/opt/atomic/atomic-php52/root/etc/php.ini:extension_dir = "/usr/lib/php/modules"
/opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc/php.ini:extension_dir = "/usr/lib/php/modules"
/opt/atomic/atomic-php56/root/etc/php.ini:extension_dir = "/usr/lib/php/modules"

What should we do then? Edit the php.ini to set the correct path?

Thanks a lot

My other configs still have:

Code:
; extension_dir = "./"

Which leads me to believe that PHP will use the relative path to the installation dir of that PHP version.

So I suggest just commenting it out for now untill atomicturtle provides updated RPM's.

That worked perfect. No more errors on loading modules on 5.5 or 5.6, tho 5.5 now is giving me "Fatal Error Unable to allocate shared memory segment of 134217728 bytes: mmap: Cannot allocate memory (12)"

I'll have to investigate this now

Thanks a lot!

Edit: NVM, found on internet that changing opcache.memory_consumption to 32 from default 128 does the trick

Last edited:
How can I uninstall PHP Panda?

I have installed PHP Panda on CentOS 6.5 and Plesk 11.5.
When I chance the settings to PHP 5.5 or 5.6 I get this error:
Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL.
When I chance the settings to PHP 5.4 it works and I get no error.
How can i solve the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Hello Guys,
I am trying to setup this great released but I do have a little problem.
I have an error message :
The GPG keys listed for the "CentrOS / Red Hat Entreprise Linux 6 - atomicrocketturtle.com" repository are already installed but they are not correct for this package.
Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.
Do you have any idea how to solve that ?

Plesk 11.5.30 (64 bits)
CentOS 6.5 (Final)

Last edited:
Back