• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Php, Pcre & Utf8 :(

C

cliffrowley

I'm having a little problem with the php-4.3.2-psa.rh9.1 package installed with Plesk 7.5.1 in that the PHP package has not been compiled with PCRE UTF8 support, and therefore breaks applications such as DokuWiki.

I really need to be able to recompile PHP with PCRE UTF8 support, but I'm scared of installing another distribution in case some difference causes major headaches, and I don't have the original RPM to revert to.

So, I have 3 questions :)

• Is there a php-4.3.2-psa.rh9.1 SRPM?
  • Where can I find the original RPM's for Plesk 7.5.1?
  • Why does this always happen to me? ;-)

Many thanks :)

Could you tell me a little more about yours? I mean, I've seen posts from you here and there, and it's apparent that you produce "some packages" - but I don't know much more than that :)

Also, do you have SRPM'S? Were your packages built from Plesk SRPM's?

I guess what I am trying to say is .. I don't really want to break my system and I have no idea what I should be installing or not. I've seen instances of people installing base Apache RPM's from Freshmeat .. with no guarantee it's not going to break the system.

And if I do break my system, I have no idea where the Plesk RPM's are to reinstall stuff :)

In some cases the PSA php rpms are descended from mine, in other cases they are descended from the RHEL packages. In all cases, our packages share a common anscestor with redhat 9. My present design is based loosely on FC3, with some major updates, and extentions for mcrypt, mhash, etc.

Thanks for your reply :)

One final question then. Say for example I need to recompile a particular package installed by Plesk. How can I be sure I am installing an RPM (or building a SRPM) that Plesk will play nicely with?

Are there SRPM's available that I can customize?

I guess my problem is that I don't know exactly how the Plesk packages (or your packages) differ, if at all, from the base packages.

P.S. I need to re-ask this one.. Where do I find the original Plesk packages should I screw one up?

My first question would be what version of Plesk you are running?

[root@enchanted root]# cd /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/
[root@enchanted bin]# ./php -v
PHP 5.0.4 (cli) (built: Aug 24 2005 13:13:37)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.0.4-dev, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.3, Copyright (c) 2004-2004 eAccelerator, by eAccelera
tor
[root@enchanted bin]# php -v
PHP 4.4.0 (cgi) (built: Sep 22 2005 17:17:50)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.8, Copyright (c) 2003-2005, by Zend Technol
ogies
with Zend Optimizer v2.5.10, Copyright (c) 1998-2005, by Zend Technologies
[root@enchanted bin]#

You will notice when I changed to the admin/bin directory and ran php -v from there it is 5.0.4 yet the system itself reports 4.4.0 (ART's RPM's).

The point I am making is that through most versions of plesk, especially as of 7.5.4, pleks uses a seperate version of PHP. In fact it even uses a seperate PHP.INI

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini

Which means what you build in outside of Plesk should have no effect on Plesk itself.

Hi, I'm using the very latest version (no updates available in the updater) of 7.5.1.

I'm aware of the fact that PSA itself uses a different version of PHP - however what I meant was, if I install a new package that differs in some way (with regards to the filesystem layout or general configuration) to the PSA package, then PSA is obviously not going to like it.

So basically, I want to know how I can restore an original PSA package should I install a bad one and want to revert back.

Back