1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP Tidy

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by TobyP, Jan 30, 2011.

1. TobyP

TobyP New Pleskian

35%
    Hi

I have a question about installing / enabling php tidy on my webserver. I recently switched from a shared hosting to dedicated server with 1&1, so I have a learning curve. I need php tidy enabled for one of my website components to function correctly. I have read on the php site that php tidy is included with all php 5 installs ?

I am running php 5.1.6 (so can assume that php tidy was inclkuded in the install ?)

Here are the details of my webserver:

Parallels Plesk Panel version 9.5.2
    Operating system Linux 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5
    CPU AuthenticAMD, Six-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2423 HE

At this stage I wouldn't know whether php tidy was installed, running or not. Other than an error, commonly attributed to php tidy not running, that has cropped up on my site is a clue.

Any info on how to check if it's installed and whether it's enabled - and, of course, if not - how to install and enable (pref. without a re-install of php) would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%