• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question php4.4

Alex--

New Pleskian
Hi,

I just upgraded to Onyx and I need php4.4 for one site which has a very outdated cms. Is this possible by following the steps in the kb about multiple php versions on plesk 12 and higher?
https://kb.plesk.com/125146

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex--,

I need php4.4
Are you sure about "4.4" ??? If yes, the answer is: Sorry, this is a very, very, very old PHP version is absolutely not supported anymore. Use this PHP version at your very own risk, without any support at all.

@Alex--, PHP 4.4 was released about 11 years ago. That's an eternity in IT. AFAIK, nobody currently supports it.

Anyway, if you do need it, you may try to compile it yourself and integrate into Plesk using custom PHP handlers feature (see documentation here, assuming you're on Linux).
However, there are no guarantees it will work. It will also open your server to attacks through outdated and likely vulnerable software version.

So, proceed at your own risk.

Thanks VNick, It was available on cloudlinuxes php selector. I was planning on not using that now that plesk supports these multiple versions very well in onyx. I will see if we can manage to replace this site.

Back