• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

phpMyAdmin? new to Plesk!

Gorlist

Basic Pleskian
Hi - im looking to buy a dedicated root server which comes with Plesk 8 preinstalled on Fedora core.

Currently my main concern is that Plesk doesn't appear to have any native database management tools similar to phpMyAdmin? is this true, and are their any walk through tutorials for installing such software that you could recommend which would be easy to follow for someone with little experience?

Another question is in regards to gaming servers - the server im looking to buy is mainly for hosting 10 - 15 websites, what would happen if I also tried to run a small games server for something like Red Ochrestra?

* AMD Athlon 64 3,000+
* 1,024 MB DDR RAM
* 100 Mbit data transfer speed

Lastly how save is it to use Plesks inbuilt auto updater? an does Plesk also update php version etc?

I have tried searching the forums for above answers but for some reason the search function gives me a complete mass on information not directly related.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

James

Hi - im looking to buy a dedicated root server which comes with Plesk 8 preinstalled on Fedora core.

Currently my main concern is that Plesk doesn't appear to have any native database management tools similar to phpMyAdmin? is this true, and are their any walk through tutorials for installing such software that you could recommend which would be easy to follow for someone with little experience?

phpMyAdmin is integrated in Plesk.

Lastly how save is it to use Plesks inbuilt auto updater?

Never had a problem with it. It should be safer to use it than to not use it as there's also security fixes from time to time.

an does Plesk also update php version etc?

No, you'll have to keep the underlying OS up2date yourself. On Fedora you would run yum update from time to time. I'd say knowing a bit about Linux system administration is mandatory though. Or get someone to manage the server for you.

Thank you for the reply :) ideal.

Have been using linux for a year on our current dedicated server as root admin, along with Desktop version on personal computer - Just I prefer to keep things as simply as possible as I don't have a great love for SSH console work (though I have just found a program which gives you a folder preview of your console which I will find useful - UniTTY).

Thanks for the advice & help!

Best Regards,
James

For database management, go to the Server panel, then Database Servers. Then click on the Local MySQL server then the Databases tab. From here you can admin all the databases by clicking on DB WebAdmin, or select an individual database to admin.

Just I prefer to keep things as simply as possible as I don't have a great love for SSH console work (though I have just found a program which gives you a folder preview of your console which I will find useful - UniTTY).

I don't know what you mean exactly with 'a folder preview of your console', but if you mean a graphical way to access your filesystem then you might want to check out free programs that do SFTP: WinSCP (Windows), gFTP (Linux), Fugu (OS X).

Back