• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plans & Prices confuse

rnm

New Pleskian
hi i have problems to make the right decision... the prices are confuse ....

I have see in order:

1) Web Host Edition with CloudLinux $25/month ..... ?? ist Clodlinux integarted or i need a extra Licence of ClodLinux ?

2) Extra Language Packs ..... who can is see what for a languagle is included ? I need German, must i buy or not ?

Hello rnm,

1. License for CloudLinux is included into Web Host Edition with CloudLinux for $25/month. So, if you purchase this package, you will get a license for Plesk and a license for Cloudlinux.

Note that $25/month is the price for a Virtual server license which will work with Plesk installed in a VPS (see https://kb.odin.com/121897 for more details).
If you will be using Plesk on a dedicated server, you will need to purchase a dedicated server license:
Web Host Edition with CloudLinux $45/month

2. Plesk includes 1 language. You can set any language as default language for Plesk. Detailed instructions on how to change default language are available here:
http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/ad...ding/administrators-interface-language.59447/

If you need to have two languages available (default and 1 additional), you would need to add 1 Language Pack to your license.

hi i have problems to make the right decision... the prices are confuse ....

I have see in order:

1) Web Host Edition with CloudLinux $25/month ..... ?? ist Clodlinux integarted or i need a extra Licence of ClodLinux ?

2) Extra Language Packs ..... who can is see what for a languagle is included ? I need German, must i buy or not ?

@rnm,

I have to add the following to the response of LiudmilaA.

The Plesk Web Pro edition includes 3 "language packs" and the same should apply to the Plesk Web Host edition.

That is, you can have 3 languages installed and activated.

Regards.....

That doesn't seem true to me.
I have a Plesk Web Host license and I have just one language pack available.
I had to buy another one to have two of them enabled at the same time.

The same happen with the Web Pro edition, just one language without buying any option.

A prosperous new year for everybody!

Oto Tortorella

@rnm,

I have to add the following to the response of LiudmilaA.

The Plesk Web Pro edition includes 3 "language packs" and the same should apply to the Plesk Web Host edition.

That is, you can have 3 languages installed and activated.

Regards.....

@trialotto

All licenses include 1 language included by default, except trial/developer licenses. So, most probably, you use a developer license or your license was purchased with 2 additional language packs.

@LiudmilaA

I seem to be mistaken, but that is not entirely strange or remarkable.

In fact, many licenses from the past are being used and I cannot track each individual license, even though I am pretty sure that we never paid for additional language packs.

In general, I would like to state that it is ridiculous to have ONE language on Plesk panel by default.

Either the language packs should become cheaper OR Plesk should be delivered with two or three language packs by default, in order to not put off potential Plesk customers.

Anyway, some additional information and/or price information for licenses and add-ons should be put on the site plesk.com.

Regards

@trialotto

Thank you for your feedback! We highly appreciate it.

According to the current licensing policy, only one language pack is included by default. However, any available language can be set as a default language in your Plesk.

@LiudmilaA

Problem with the "one" language pack is that you have to switch between languages. That is not really user friendly.

Furthermore, it is a rather unfair "language license policy", as will be illustrated below.

Consider a company in some country, working with local employees (in local language) and foreign employees (English or some other language).

In the current "language license policy", this company would have to buy a relatively expensive language pack for internal use.

And the original and historic intention of the "language license policy" for Plesk has been that (only) language packs for the Plesk GUI have to be paid for.

In the case of the before mentioned company, this original and historic intention has not been met, resulting in a very strange situation in this global economy of hosting.

Sure, employees can all be working in English, but that does not apply to the endusers (i.e. hosting customers) of Plesk.

This is also the reason why I am asking for TWO (or three) languages: a default language for internal usage AND one (or two) default language(s) for the endusers.

I personally belief that maintaining the "one language policy" will result in a loss of customer satisfaction or even customers.

In short, I kindly request to take the above into consideration and change the language policy.

Regards....

I regard three languages as a default to be absolutely essential. If I install using English, but the main user will need German or Portuguese, I don't feel it is correct to pay extra for the temporary use, and it would make extra work to install one language and then have to change it for normal use, then change it back for maintenance.

With CPanel, I just change the language, temporarily or permanently. I prefer most things about Plesk than CPanel. But living in Europe, nothing needs to be defaulted to one language only.

amount is lil bit high. check more on google for some low price hosting sites....

Back