• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please Help Domain Isnt Responding - DNS?

E

emblym

I am having trouble getting my domain (emergesm.com) to show up. I have a dediacted server from IPOWERWEB. Am I supposed to use their name servers? One told me I hae to supply my own, but maybe I misunderstood him. If I have to supply my own how do I do so? For now I used their name servers which you can see below. I changed the name servers on the domain at GoDaddy, but the site doesnt respond. Here is my DNS file from Plesk for the domain. I will be willing to pay anyone that can figure this out for me. The site is for my church and its supposed to be up for tommorow, so any help would be great.

72.22.64.176 / 24 PTR emergesm.com.
emergesm.com. A 72.22.64.176
emergesm.com. MX (10) mail.emergesm.com.
emergesm.com. NS NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET.
emergesm.com. NS NS2.IPOWERWEB.NET.
ftp.emergesm.com. CNAME emergesm.com.
mail.emergesm.com. A 72.22.64.176
ns.emergesm.com. A 72.22.64.176
webmail.emergesm.com. A 72.22.64.176
www.emergesm.com. CNAME emergesm.com.

Your whois record points the domain at GoDaddy's DNS servers, and GoDaddy's DNS servers are pointing the website to their placeholder page. You should of course change the whois record to your own DNS servers.

And NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET & NS2.IPOWERWEB.NET have no idea where your domain is, so thats not right either. If IPOWERWEB told you to use those, they dont understand how Plesk works and shouldn't be selling it.

Why aren't you using the DNS server on your machine, that is built into plesk? Read the administration manual for Plesk and setup proper DNS entries for your domains there.

For example, ns.emergesm.com ..

Back