• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please help me guys

R

rolly

Well, I got a dedi windows 2003 machine with Plesk 7 Reloaded installed.

I want to establish this server like a complete webhosting company, actually my client needs to run it like a webhosting company and give webspaces to his employees and run some of his other web projects.

KK, I have a domain name addressonweb.com registered via hostingdude. Now, what i want is ...
1. My server's plesk control panel should be acessible via the url : server1.addressonweb.com:8443 (Currently it works with IP number ... xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8443 )
2. Ability to host websites on it. I mean create a new account from plesk, and the domain owner for that account needs to set the nameservers for his domain to ns1.addressonweb.com and ns2.addressonweb.com .

And now, what I have done till moment (nothing much though )

1. Its a default state machine with plesk 7 installed. No DNS entries changed/edited etc.
2. I have given the hostname of server as server1.addressonweb.com in plesk control panel settings.
3. Went to my hostingdude domain reseller account, and registered nameservers ns1.addressonweb.com and ns2.addressonweb.com using the IP's I am allocated on the server.

How to proceed ??? ... please help. (Please help in detail, lol , I am a total newbie, just a beginner, I really duno how to move an inch further now )

Cheers

Back