• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please SWSOFT hear the community !

J

JoaoCorreia

I'll call this year the "ZERO" year, I just payed my SUS and Im going to start evaluating alternatives to Plesk if things continue to go the wrong direction.

Plesk is not focusing on security and is missing the point of the whole hosting industry. I haven't seen much improvements just more APPS on the App Vault that just contribute to your server being hacked.

I would suggest do a stop and know what the hosting industry wants.

I would suggest:

Plesk 8.2.1

Plesk
- Way to turn off all ADVERTISING ! ALL Banners. should be default OFF. This is an abuse on SWSOFT part.

DNS
- Support for SRV records
- Support for DNS templates

Mail
- Greylisting
- Postfix

Regards
Joao Correia

Hey now, I am just about heading the same way. Plesk is not good anymore, this 8.2 has NO updates to fix any problems.

8.2 looked so good at first, but yeah, has more security holes than any other version. This is just about what I have had to do to send/receive email.

To receive any email.... ANY EMAIL
Disable firewall
turn off Dr Web Antivirus (now I can receive emails)

But we can not send emails UNLESS
Switch on SPF spam protection is turned OFF
Switch on spam protection based on DNS blackhole lists is turned OFF

How secure is this?

I'm going to be looking at ISPConfig Server, its community is getting rather large and seems to be fitting in well with Fedora

You definitely don't need to turn off your firewall to be able to send mail, works just fine for us.

We don't use Dr. Web, but of course you shouldn't have to turn it off to be able to receive mail. Contact support if the product you bought doesn't work.

I don't see what SPF, RBL, etc. have to do with Plesk being insecure. Can someone get access to anything because of some problem with Plesk? I'd like to hear about that. We run Plesk 8.2 happily on all of our servers.

You might have configuration problems on your server, but don't go spreading FUD please.

I agree with Bruen, we run 8.2 on our prod servers and we have no problems with any of that stuff.

if you have problems, go to google find the answers and fix the problems, dont wait for your CP vendor to fix all your problems for you :)

Back