• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 10.2.0 upgrade failed

M

Matilda

Hi,

Has anyone had any success with the 10.2.0 upgrade recently available for linux ? im running centos, just tried the upgrade and got the following error :

Trying to start service mysqld... mysqld (pid 31957) is running...
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to backup MySQL database...
ERROR while trying to backup MySQL database
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.2.0_installation.log), fix and try again

***** problem report *****
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.2.0_installation.log), fix and try again
Error: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details). Installation was rolled back.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.

i checked that log file and shows now more detail than the error above does. Anyone has any ideas why the mysql backup fails?

Seems its going to be another painful transition for plesk *sigh*.

PSA 10.2, CentOS 5.5 64-Bit, AMD 1&1 Machine

My upgrade worked just fine. You might try running the bootstrapper. It saved me from a similar install problem from 9.5.4 to 10.

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.11.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

(or similar)

ok I tried that repair command

***** problem report *****

it produces the same error so it must be that part of the upgrade that is failing

I will have a look at that shell script and see whats happening with the mysql backup

cheers

I'm sorry that that did not help :(.

I'm posting like mad in hopes that my unresolved issues will get noticed :) - the good thing with yours is that it does look like several people have posted about this issue.

I have a spare paid support ticket with parallels so will get them onto it.

thanks for the replies

Back