• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.3 Breaks Simple DNS

It is true, this was not the first time who happens things like that. For us, it was this time a disaster! We has to change the control panel to get back the needed funktionality of DISTRIBUTED DNS!

Well, I guess theres no alternative then. No communication and no official explanation from Plesk other than "we removed it and didn't mention it bad luck sucks to be you".

Will it come back? Will I get a respectful response from plesk? probably no on both counts. It would actually interest me how Plesk "knows" that simple DNS wasn't widely used in Plesk installs. I certainly never ticked a box that allowed them to shared my usage data..

We are waiting for SimpleDNS support to come back for 6 months now, come on this can't be so hard!

Our Plesk 10.x machine is not in production now for 6 months, we really need this to bring Plesk 10.x in action!

#1 I as well would like to see Simple DNS back in. We're also using Master/Slave setup not present in other DNS software (or as well integrated)
#2 I would also like to know how you got your statistics on usage, because I haven't seen anywhere that I was giving you guys permission to collect info on my system.

Well, I can see this discussion is still raging on. Seems we're still in the same boat.

We're already working on another hosting solution - but have to continue Plesk support until that's done. SimpleDNS loss was the straw that finally broke our back. Lack of support other than paying an arm-and-a-leg, or waiting for (sometimes) weeks/months for an answer to a question from people here in the forum was another.

However... I have to agree. Nobody asked me what we were using, and I don't remember giving anyone permission to collect data from our servers either.

(sigh) Really quite sad. Plesk was beginning to shape up into a rather decent product. But there are others out there. I won't be rude enough advertise them here. But they're out there.

Parallels - PLEASE address this and if it's in any plan? After the new vulnerability, and us being on 9.5 without being able to upgrade at all because we will not have DNS which we NEED this product for, we really want to continue with your product and advance. HELP?

Knock knock

Any update please? I see also that there is no longer any offer for SuperMasters within plesk to be able to sync an NS1 and NS2 between 2 windows boxes, or even more? Again, SimpleDNS fit our needs for this elegantly, and we paid for is, and now we cannot upgrade our Plesk, NOR can we add any more servers to our farm until this is addressed.

Just tell us if it will be back or not so we can move on???

Plesk 11 still no support for SimpleDNS

Just upgraded my plesk 10.x machine to plesk 11.x (which is waiting to go in production for like 1 year now)

Still no support for SimpleDNS :(

Back