1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 10.3 & Mod_Security

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Michael Goeller, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Michael Goeller

Michael Goeller New Pleskian

85%
    On my site mmo-game.eu I am getting a good amount of SPAM comments a day (they are filtered by a wordpress plugin) and sadly slowly intrusion attempts slowly start to happen more often. The site got defaced last year for a few hours and I fear this is going to happen again sooner or later.

This eventually lead me to install mod_security and honestly I am a bit overwhelmed atm

basically I did these steps:

Then I added the exceptions for wordpress:
    But now I seem to have issues with logging in to Plesk, Login page does not appear, instead the log shows:

I have found 2 related posts here, one that suggsted to update PHP, but I have the latest PHP and the other one with ciphers did not apply.

Can anyone point me the way on how to fix this issue?

Thanks

2. Michael Goeller

85%
    Hmh ... I have removed mod_security, but the problem persists.
    Since that did not fix it I though the repair function might do something good :D

which resulted in

So I thought the error might be related to MYSQL, so here is my config

It seems that the repair stopped PSA, when I try to manually start it I get this message

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  3. Michael Goeller

85%
    I used a backup from 2 days ago and the system is running again. But nevertheless it would be nice to know how to solve this problem.