• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 all backups scheduled after 00:00:00 are done at the same time?

Lupker

New Pleskian
Hi all,

After a migration from Plesk 9.5.4 to Plesk 10.4.4 I've noticed that all my scheduled backups (backupmng) after 00:00:00 are all done at the same time many hours later.

First day all my backups started at 10:30 and today at 7:00...
You understand my server is getting pretty slow around these times...

The backups before 00:00:00 are done correctly on time.

Any clue what the problem is here? Because I rather have the backups run during night...

Thanks for your input!
Gr,
Mark

These are the settings:

10,25,40,55 * * * * root [ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Thanks!

This should run every day at 1 AM.

0 1 * * * root [ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Try replacing it with that ... (or you can adjust the time accordingly)

Thanks for your answer, I do not understand your solution. The backups are planned from 21:00 till 6:00 at night.
When I change this to your suggested setting, the backup manager will start at 1 AM and server will be busy again with the backups before < 1 AM ? Or am I mistaken?

No, what that means is that the backup manager will start running at exactly 1 AM. Usually this time is best as you have little traffic on your server ..(Ofcourse you change the time to your own preference)

I understand, but I make backups per reseller of customer account (around 20) and these are scheduled from 21:00 till 6:00. The 10,25,40,55 * * * * setting should pick these up 4 times in an hour. In Plesk 9 this was working fine.

In Plesk 10 this is not the case. All backups scheduled before 00:00 are going fine, but all scheduled after this time are backuped together several hours later.

So it has something to do with the scheduler and the time settings after 00:00 / new day or so?

Hope you understand the situation?

Gr,
Mark

Back